Going without toilet paper: Meet the adults switching to a reusable cloth

Backing up to the bidet thing … how do you dry off then? In a public place you would still need the TP right?

And if someone’s using the bidet at MY house (when I get one), how do I keep the guests from patting their fannies dry on my hand towels? First World Problem I know.:rolleyes:

If that’s not an exaggeration then might I recommend using wet wipes instead? I fear for your heiney’s health.

Quite possibly, it’s that they’re being lied TO (by others) instead. Am I the only person to have known someone to go through the “I don’t have to shower daily and I don’t stink at all!” phase? (Spoiler alert: yes, yes you do stink, you stinky little stinkety-stink.)

True dat. Between the energy used to clean/purify the water in the first place, the energy to heat it, the energy to re-clean/purify after washing … oy vey.
ETA: I see what SerafinaPekala did there … <Beavis>Heh. Heh. “Backing up.” Heh." </Beavis>

Maybe they should bring back the Roman sponge stick?

I believe that’s how it’s done, yes.

Edit, aww, purplehorseshoe already did it. Well, me too so there.

yeh… heheheh… moar bidet jokes anyone?

Theres a reason we’ve evolved to using disposable things imho. Are these “butt cloth” women still using those nasty Diva Cups I wonder? Scroll down to T S Johnson’s 2006 Amazon review of the thing if you dont already know what this contraption is. Just dont read it out loud at the restaurant please.

sings Ah, bidets are here again! sings

'Appy bidet to you /
'appy bidet to you /
'appy bidet dear pooper /
and you smell like one, too!

+1 and +2. Very clever bees you are!

I’ve had some plumping problems. But I blame the chocolate.

If you have never had diarrhea or a particularly bad one, then that’s luck. As it is, I prefer not to have skidmarks.

I prefer the three seashells.

O jeez :smack: My goofy accent again! Meant to say “plumbing” of course!

There must be a lot of poop in their washing machine.

You mean a shower? How can you use a shower as a bidet without stripping off completely, or getting your clothes wet?

Ditto that. Don’t bidets leave you all wet? And if you have your pants around your knees, don’t they get splashed? Do you have to take them off?

Seriously.

Wet wipes are bad for sewage systems, apparently.

OK, serious post here. My bidet is a separate fixture, not part of the toilet.

Three or four squares on the toilet to remove any Klingons, then lots of warm water on the bidet followed by another four squares or so. Depending on diet, maybe a few more squares here or there.

http://postimg.org/image/687f22o2f/

I’ve heard there are parts of the world where people just use the fingers of one hand to clean up their business and then rinsed them clean in bowl of water. I forget where, but it was someplace that I expected to be more developed than that. India, maybe?

It’s all in the timing, if you catch my drift. Adjust your personal cycle so that you take your dumps just before you shower.

I have never, ever understood people who shower, dress and then go park on the can.

It’s common in these parts to see a hose and no paper.

Have also seen just a bucket of water with no hose.

Hose is pretty easy to use once you’ve done it once or twice…just point into the bowl, turn on, squirt the backside till clean then turn off. No splashing or anything.

If you have paper can dry off, but round here it doesn’t really matter - the temperature never drops below 25C so you don’t really care (or I don’t) and the amount of water left over is no worse than drying your hands on your pants after washing them (something else I will do)