Going without toilet paper: Meet the adults switching to a reusable cloth

I was in the airport in Riyadh back in '94 and needed the facilities. All I found was a hole and a hose. I decided to wait until I was on the plane. :slight_smile:

Huh? What does a Diva Cup have to do with anything? Much cleaner and hygienic than other options.

Yep. I’ve lost mine and my vagina is bereft.

:slight_smile: Well nice if you like it. Its one of those “non disposables” so is pertinent to this discussion imho.

As far as it being “cleaner” … fishing around for it and emptying it while at work or out in a social situation does not seem “clean” or “hygienic” but thats just my $0.02

If you get desperate, you could always use corncobs.

Instead of tampons you mean? :eek:

Cleveland?

Ugh. Just the other day, someone on my wife’s Facebook feed posted a link to this list which lists using a “family cloth” as #11. There are several items on that list that’ll make most people gag. And #33 is just plain dumb.

I know an outdoor adventure instructor who gets paid to teach people how to use sticks to wipe their bums. Not sticks with sponges; just plain sticks.

Bidet’s are God’s gift to people who poop. I bought a bidet attachment from Amazon after reading a previous post about them. I used to get itchy as the day wore on- no more! AFA drying off afterwards, 2 or 3 squares is all it takes, and seeing them come back spotless is worth the price of admission.

To be fair, they have stacks of flannel cloths at hand. Once used, a cloth is put in a hamper for laundering, rather than being flushed as a paper would be. It’s not like they are re-using cloths without laundering them first. All in all, it is no worse than having a diaper hamper and laundering cloth diapers. That being said, would I like to live in a home with a permanent shit-cloth hamper? Nope.

It would be a Snack Bar for the housecat here!

Well duh. If you use wet wipes you don’t flush them down the pan. That’s what the bin is for.

mumble like you’ve got a stick up your ass* mumble*…

Why use flannel cloths when you can use a cat – after all, cat’s are pretty much self-cleaning.

A cat will do in a pinch, but what you really want, according to the experts, is a goose.

How do you catch them to wipe on them?

Duh? The packaging proclaims them to be flushable, as well as septic safe. Turns out the claims are not true.

No, they get really fowl quickly

And they’re really greasy.