Good Eateries in Calgary

Um, they’re coming in July, not August, Alice.

Okay, never mind.

Righto - anyhow - assuming anyone is actually around on, say, the 30th or 31st of July, I wanna go to Chili Club. It’s yummy, and good and better than Mescalero, and their Lemon Grass Prawns are so good they make the baby Jesus cry.

I know that Ginger is with me - surely there’s another Thai lover out there? Right? RIGHT?!?!

I’m coming in on July 25. I’ll be leaving that Friday to go to Toronto. I’m going to spend time in Calgary with my mother and other relatives and friends, but I would be able to go for dinner on at least one night.

So, seeing as Adam is gone by the time I’m back, does that mean I’m eating at ChiliClub alone? <snif>

Not if I have anything to say about it. And I have a niece and parents in Barons (shut up!) who’ll keep the kids so I may go cavort. And eat Swimming Rama.

I’m leaving town for the weekend on July 1 so if dinner is the evening of the 30th I can probably make it depending on when my last appointment of the day is. Also, there is a new Chilli Club Thai House near my place. Not sure if you folks want to stick with the know quantity or venture forth to the new venue. I may end up eating at the new place this weekend so I could report back on the yummy factor. I’ve never been to the original one though.

uhm, never mind. You guys are talkin late July. I’ll go back to lurk mode now.

wOOt!

And Gut, honey - does that mean that you CAN come at the end of July? It will be a dopefest of THREE! :slight_smile:

Depending what time you guys want to eat I’ll be there. I recently joined the dark side (sales) and my last appointment of the day is usually 6:30. Means 8:00 dinner time for me. Although with enough advance notice I could arrange to not have a late meeting on the day of the fest.

Do you work on Saturdays also? Cus that’s what day the 30th is. Not that it matters - I don’t mind eating a bit later.

July 30th Dopefest? With Thai food? Count Jim and me in! (Barring unforseen circumstances and ball games, etc, of course.)

Depends on how much cash I have at the time, and whether or not I work late (mall closes at 9 on Saturday’s) but I might be there :slight_smile:

I don’t even think I’ve had Thai so it would be a new experience for me. I’m always up for that!

As far as I am concerned, the original IS down by your place. It was at 17th avenue and 14th street, right by where Chianti is and Ski Cellar is/was.

Excellent! We have at least 5, possible 6 dopers. I’m so excited.

FWIW, I’ve only been to the 11th Ave location and I love it quite deeply. I don’t think I’ve seen a location on 14th and 17th; however, I’m not really the queen of observation either. :smiley:

FWIW, as long as it’s downtown, and the LGP are still on the menu, I’m happy.

I have. The name is actually “Savoury Infusions,” by the way.

On the plus side, they have a pretty good selection of frozen meals, and certain of their meals work well in such diets as low-carb and vegetarian. The meals are certainly better than you would find in the frozen food aisle at the supermarket, though prices are somewhat higher than there also.

On the downside, their meals are…well, frozen. Heating them in either the conventional or microwave ovens is no problem, but they’re lacking something on the taste side. They’re edible, and no doubt nutritious, but you may want to have a selection of spices and sauces on hand for them.

I don’t think I’d serve them to guests, but I have found that the meals are a good idea for when my wife is away on business: easy for me to prepare (I’m not a cook by any means) and filling. Worth a try if you can remember that they are frozen meals, although something different from run-of-the-mill frozen meals.

Yeah, I only drive by the place twice a day - why would I get the name right? ( rolleyes to me )

Well, will you be joining us?

The new Chili Club is on 17th Ave. and about 35th St. It just opened about a month ago. It was some other kind of chineese food place prior to that. There is a 90% chance I’ll be chowing down there tomorrow night. I don’t recall seeing the one you mentioned Gingy. Although I don’t frequent that part of 17th Ave. very much. Anyway have we got a date pinned down? The long I know in advance the better chance of avoiding a late appointment.

That applies also to Serious Lark and me. We need to get a babysitter, and our regular one is not recovered from her surgery yet.
Generally Thurdays work well for us.

I look forward to seeing you guys again. :slight_smile: