Good Omens 2 is coming (It is here and all episodes are available 2023-07-28) season 3 coming

You MUST listen to Cabin Pressure. It’s such a funny show, I wish someone would animate all of them so I could watch them on TV with my wife.

Another vote for Cabin Pressure. Seriously, you will not regret it.

9 days. Just 9 more days.

Wow, I wouldn’t have thought 2 years since season 1.

I didn’t see this thread at all, but I happened to be watching something on Amazon Prime yesterday and season 2 is apparently up.

And they dropped the whole season at once? Rare for Prime.

Such a good start.

“the Clarinet makes such beautiful music”

We just watched the first ep and I’m glad to see Michael Sheen and David Tennant bringing the same energy as the first season.

Apology dance indeed!

In second episode watch for another Doctor and the son of the Doctor who is the Grandson of a different Doctor and the Son of the Doctor’s Daughter twice over and a Doctor’s wife.

explaining above a little.

Not sure how many Who fans are here,
So David Tennant ended up marrying Georgia Moffet, the Actress from the Doctor’s Daughter episode. Now she is actually Peter Davidson’s daughter. Davidson being his stage name. Moffet his actual name. More importantly Peter was the 5th Doctor.

I binged them last night. First 5 episodes were pretty good with a bit of meandering in the story telling. All to be expected.

The last episode totally destroyed me. A real emotional rollercoaster and there better be a season 3.

I just watched the second episode and I like this more than the first season so far. Mind you, I read Good Omens a few years ago and I found it to be good, but overpacked and complicated. I felt the same with the adaptation that made up season 1.

In just the first two episodes, it feels like the focus is squarely on the relationship and interaction between Crowley and Aziraphale. Which is the best stuff.

I absolutely loved the Job episode. Probably my favorite episode of new TV this year. I’ve always hated the story of Job, specifically because of the fact they wiped out Job’s kids. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Anyway, loving it so far.

Just heard about this, and want to jump right in. Do I have to watch Season One first?

For anyone who doesn’t know John Finnemore, you need to listen to Cabin Pressure (his BBC radio sitcom with Benedict Cumberbatch and Roger Allam). Also, check out Double Acts, and John Finnemore’s Souvenir Programme (sketch ensemble).

I’ve spent over a half century in love with comedy, and he’s my favorite writer.

No, but if you’re only going to watch one season, there isn’t really any reason to watch 2 instead of 1.

I rewatched season 1 before binging the second season. They’re both only 6 episodes long, ~50 minutes per episode, so 5 hours total per season. I made a weekend out of it, watching season 1 Saturday and season 2 yesterday.

My main problem with this season is, why is Aziraphale so stupid? I mean, sure, all of the supernatural beings on the show other than Crowely are idiots - that’s like 90% of the show’s humor - but Aziraphale is just so, so dumb. He never understands what’s happening and he always makes the wrong decision. It’s wearying. What does Crowely even see in him?

It’s ineffable.

Aziraphale isnt stupid, he’s brainwashed. And stupid. But that is the nature of Angels in this universe. And of the Demons. They’re equally stupid, uncreative, and ill-informed.

I believe Crowley, who, like Satan, was one of the smarter Angels who were denied access to the Silver City for “asking questions”. And I think he’s attracted to Aziraphale because he sees an earlier version of himself in him. And theres nothing Crowley loves more than himself.

No, not stupid. Just naive.

Willingly (for millennium) naive. Which is another fascinating facet of his and Crowley’s relationship.

He’s at least six thousand years old. He’s been on Earth for most of that time, and he’s been friend with a demon for centuries. If he hasn’t wised up by now, he never will.

In the first season, and in the book, Aziraphele and Crowly were intellectual equals. That was the whole point: two opposites who find out that they’re more similar than they thought, that their side is far from perfect, and that the other side may have a point. The Aziraphele of the first season would have understood why Crowley might not want to become an angel again. He might not have agreed, but he wouldn’t have been surprised by Crowley’s objection - not after everything he’d seen and done.

Season 2 Aziraphele is just a moron.

I wish there had been some evidence of that in the show - if we’d seen his denial slip for an instant. It would have made his character much more interesting.

I finished it tonight and found Crowley’s profession of love(?) to be out of nowhere, at least for me. I thought he was upset that their friendship on earth wouldn’t continue, but dropping the pretense that the two of them are enemies.

I guess I’m dense. This felt out of left field to me.