Good Omens film?

I hear Terry Gilliams to direct, should be really interesting.

Anyone heard anything else?

Only what I’ve read in this forum. (There was a thread months and months ago.) I liked the book. Can’t wait for the film!

Rumours about Pratchett films have abounded for years. Nothing has ever happened, largely because film execs have said things like, “We want to do Mort, but Americans have a bit of a problem with Death, so we’d like to leave him out of it.” and Pterry has run a mile.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

pan

I’m also looking forward to it.

kabbes, i’m a bit behind with the times as i’ve only just found this interview. I take it you’ve read this one?

The interview certainly suggests that a film is forthcoming. However, reporters have been known to - ahem - exaggerate.

Pterry was expressing skepticism that he’d ever be able to work with film people way back in DiscCon 1996.

pan

As of last January, the movie is on “life-support”.

I started a thread on this nearly a year ago. It doesn’t seem the movie’s production hasn’t gone any farther. Plus, there have been other interviews with Pratchett where he’s pretty much given up on the idea of any of his movies ever making it to the big screen. I seriously doubt this movie is ever going to get made, and if I were you, I wouldn’t hold my breadth.

Or my width.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :smiley: