"Google Earth"- wow.

Oh, and I was checking out Busch Stadium in St. Louis, and 3d’ed the area. The Gateway Arch appears as a big, flat, thin monolith.

I believe that Google Earth is available at this mirror for those of you who missed the download before Google temporarily closed it. I haven’t tried the download yet, but it looks like the real thing.

Maybe, but has anyone been able to hook up to the service with a new download since last night? Because I wasn’t able to connect with them despite having installed the download last PM.

More random coolness… these pictures must’ve been taken during either Pride or the Castro St Fair; the streets are blocked off and there’s a bunch of people mulling about.

Just search for “18th & castro, sf.”

I can’t hook up either…

Ah, good to know I’m not alone.

How’s things in Antigo, Wisconsin?

I haven’t tried this myself yet, so I’m not sure if this does what you want…

Your placemarks should be in one folder, right? Right-click on the folder and click “Email” on the context menu. It will ask you if you’d like to use Outlook or Gmail. I haven’t gone further than that, so I don’t have experiences to share.

Which cities on this thing have 3D buildings? I can’t find any…

You have to check the ‘Buildings’ box for the 3D to pop up. I just started, but boston and kansas city both have 3D modeles structures.

and this is pretty cool.

Didn’t Hiro have almost exactly this application in Snowcrash? This thing is too damn cool!

Oh, and JFTR, I downloaded the application early yesty, singapore time, but didn’t install till late this arvo. My install time was after several of you complained of not being able to connect, but I’ve been on with no problems. So I’m guessing the catchcall is ‘try, try again’.

Me go play with earth now! woohoo!

I tried logging in this morning and now it is working so I am busy exploring the earth :).

As for things in Antigo Wisconsin, I have no idea as I’ve never been there. I am actually in Antigua, West Indies, where it is always hot hot hot!

I’m obsessed with zooming in on random sections of the earth and exploring for human settlement. Checking out the Amazon is slightly reassuring, that is until you come across huge clear cuttings :frowning:

I think now I’ll re-create the path of the missile in The Rock.

Mine still doesn’t work. But then my whole internet connection was out for over 30 hours, and I’'ve only gotten back online thanks to elfbabe and her techie skills.

:eek: Never been to Antigo, WI? We stopped at a Subway sandwich restaurant there once. It wasn’t so hot. I’d have rather been in Antigua. Or Barbuda. Or even Redonda.

It says I can’t use Direct X, which is apparently faster than the other version.

What does that mean?

It’s not available for download again, but I sneakily found google’s own cache of its page will let you download it.

Mine works now. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh!

This is my new favorite toy at work. I’m learning so much geography! (Ok, that’s actually a little sad…).

I was suprised to see how large and metropolitan the city of Baghdad seems to be. I know it was ignorance on my behalf, but wow! And there is a big horse track (?) near the city center.

I’ma dork- this is way too interesting.

Not anymore. :frowning:

Apparently users of the Macintosh Operating System are welcome to continue to believe that the world is flat and is in fact the center of the universe.

Damn. :frowning:

Wow! I found an easy trail that goes to the top of Camelback Mountain that is close by, coming wintertime I will check it out.