GOP House investigation of President Joe Biden follow along thread

What investigation do you feel “set a low bar?” The Mueller investigation, with its 23 indictments and multiple convictions? The Congressional investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election - which was way more damning than ? The investigation into Trump’s extortion of foreign President? The January 6th investigation?

The Hunter Biden investigation is pure trollery, just another extension of the Trump/ Republican “hit them back ten times harder” philosophy. It’s abuse and bullying posing as political strategy. I understand the desire for political revenge. I understand that the adult children of high level public officials are subject to a heightened level of scrutiny, even if there is no intersection between their lives and the professional and political careers of their parents. But putting the full force of the legislative branch into bullying and harassing the troubled adult child of a President is a shitty thing to do, and the people that are doing so are shitty people with no sense of decency.

It’s going to be a replay of the Durham investigation, because it will turn up nothing. Anything that happened while Joe Biden was in office as VP is well beyond the statute of limitations for criminal prosecution, and anything that happened after 2016 happened when Joe Biden was a private citizen and would’ve been perfectly free to engage in business deals, even though there’s no evidence that he did.

I don’t think there’s anything remotely criminal in even the worst allegations.

It’s not illegal to mention your famous father when you a negotiating a business deal, and it’s not illegal to introduce people to your father. And if it’s illegal to profit off your famous parent, one need to look no farther than the three oldest Trump children, who have never earned a dime that didn’t come from their father’s business or political enterprises. I’m just not sure what they’re going to prove.