GOP House investigation of President Joe Biden follow along thread

Hunter Biden sold some paintings for far more than they were probably worth based purely on artistic merit (although to my eye they are actually quite good). Some people therefore assume that the people who bought them did so as a way to hide a bribe, the same way one might, say, rent a whole floor of rooms in a hotel owned by a politician one wanted to curry favor with. However paintings by celebrity artists will always go for more than paintings by some unknown Joe, so its not clear that there was any ulterior motive behind the purchases.

I’d like to own an original Bogataj, someday.

100%

And I’m sure it’s not just you. These clowns can’t think of anything original, so they just accuse others of what they have done themselves. It’s nuts. Bunch of morons and lunatics.

Billy Beer

Stranger

Hey I could get behind Congressional hearings about that!

We could start with the poincare conjecture, and then move on to the nature of consciousness…

Ummm. Maybe I’m dense, but I don’t get that reference to what I said.

Seems to be a bunch of lame ass shit. You agree? Where is the eggplant going limp emoji?

Legal Insurrection? The ambulance chasing equivalent of OAN.

Aaaaaugh! My eyes! Too much projection!!

What the heck are “false assurances to the American people”? He said something and it didn’t happen?

Hey, that sounds familiar. Didn’t the last guy promise to build a “big beautiful wall” and to “make Mexico pay for it”?

Trump only needed one week to deal with infrastructure! What’s taking Biden so long?

I’d be very curious to know how many GOP. members would passively work against the Hunter Biden/Fauci/COVID agenda. Not stick their necks out, just kind of fail to give it the momentum it needs.

Me too. I mean there have to be some of them who are embarrassed by this List of Projection.

I mean, he made efforts to obstruct an investigation that they are currently proposing, so they can investigate his obstructions to this proposed investigation? Are their heads so far up their own asses that they can’t see this is idiotic (do not answer. Rhetorical question)

I guess he did obstruct this hypothetical future investigation because he campaigned for Democrat house members and senators. That’s probably an impeachable offense in their tiny brain-pans.

They want to be re-elected, and there are many MAGA voters.
There is a right facebook group I follow, where I ventured to compliment the Republican loser for congratulated the winning Democrat.One reply was that “we don’t need to be sissy nice guys, we need to take the gloves off”.

Anyone who would have a sense of shame or decency has been drummed out of the GOP, often even those who didn’t have any particular political ambitions within it, i.e. Cindy McCain. As this point, it is a self-selected group of would-be proto-fascists goosestepping in time with whichever candidate their leadership deigns to be there next Führer. Don’t look for any dissent, passive or otherwise, within the Republican party.

Stranger

I still struggle to understand why nearly half of the voters have no capacity whatsoever to look at what is clearly and obviously happening, and instead, place their votes based on some sort of misguided “rah rah my team” approach.

They are fucking over their own country, and don’t seem to care.

The ultra-rich donors who control them don’t care. That’s all there is to it.

The ultra-rich donors I can understand; They are sociopathic scum, who simply see an opportunity to make even more money.

What I don’t understand are the voters who get sucked in by the propaganda that these donors pay for. The propaganda has become patently ridiculous, and in some cases increasingly unhinged. I just don’t see how anyone with an ounce of common sense can buy the bullshit that they’re selling.

I, too, am at a loss. It has cost me both my parents, whom I would have said were reasonably intelligent people before Trump.

The power of focused propaganda scares the shit out of me.

Many years ago, I discussed the Democratic nominee with a guy at work. He later said, “I wanted to vote for your guy, Plant, but I didn’t think he could win”. The guy wanted to be on the winning team. Perhaps as the bullies at school congregated about the meanest, ugliest bully, some good old boy voters want to be on the winning team. Some sort of tribalism.