Got dumped

::sniff::

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

Send in the clowns? The CLOWNS? You thought someone would want clowns?

Sorry you’re down Gfactor.

But you gotta learn about clowns.

I’ll never date another one.

Good. I would think that big red nose would get in the way, anyway. Honk, honk.
Hang tough; it gets better. Eventually.

Amen to that.

Chocolate and alcohol help.

Sorry to hear it. Still, 'tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

*sneeze * bullshit!! sneeze

What!? No details?

Hope you feel better soon.

Trying not to dwell on it. We grew apart; plenty of blame to go around. Rejection sucks no matter what.

How about some hugs?

{{{Gfactor}}}

Thanks Pie.

Well, you’ll always have us. (With pie. And goats and squids and things.)

But really- sorry, that sucks.

Sorry to hear that, Gfactor.

That truly does suck.

Wallow in misery for a week, then throw out/defile/burn anything you own that reminds you of her.

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of songs,
A medley of extemporania.
And love is a thing that can never go wrong,
And I am Marie of Romania.

You and me both, brother.

You have my deepest sympathies. It’s an excrutiatingly horrible thing to go through, especially if you’re trying to hold down a job at the same time. I hope you’re not feeling too nuts: I was out of my mind for a week.

But take heart. Today is a better day for me. I haven’t broken down at all today, and I found myself ogling another woman for the first time in two weeks.

Time heals. (Just wish I could stop thinking about her all the damn time.)

Here’s what I do: put in Casablanca and read into Ilsa alternative motivations for her actions that make her less of a vacillating bimbo and more a manipulative, grifting whore. (This also has the incidental result of rectifying a number of plot holes and logical inconsistencies.)

Then watch something nicely misogynistic. I recommend Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, but pretty much anything in the oeuvre of Sam Peckinpah or Neil LaBute will work.

Mind you, it doesn’t really help–nothing but time and a minimum number of hangovers will–but it will distract you for a while. Variational calculus is also good, but only if you have the requisite foundation in functional algebra.

Or you can go to the Gas’n’Sip and get advice from the guys hanging out in the parking lot:Denny: Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man. Get her of your mind.
Mark: Your only mistake is that you didn’t dump her first. Diane Court is a show pony. You need a stallion, my friend. Walk with us and you walk tall.
Luke: Bitches, man.
Stranger

When life hands you lemons, read Dorothy Parker.

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Ya know, I never really liked her all that much.

We should write a book. :smiley: