Got some Sharwood's Tikka Marsala Sauce- Umm... what do I do now?

Was well rated so I picked up a jar thinking “Yum Tikka Masala” but, there are no instructions on the jar re preparing food to use it with other than “mix throughout”.

So… how do I get to the point I need this, and how did I use it to get an awesome Tikka Masala? What do I need to do with the chicken and rice and whatever required veggies to make it ready for the sauce?

And how much should I use for given quantity of chicken? Jar does not say other than “serving size 1/2 cup”.

I think you mean masala, not marsala. Though the latter combo would be…interesting.

Make some basmati rice, cook according to packet instructions/your usual rice cooking method. Optionally, to fancy this up, throw in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, and a cinnamon stick/4 or 5 cardamom pods, and a pinch of ground turmeric, for a fake version of biryani)

Heat a big pot to medium with a little veg oil, and fry an onion, some garlic, some ginger, if you have it. Add 3 or 4 chicken pieces (skin and bones optional, whichever pieces you prefer), and brown lightly. Add whatever vegetables you like from the following: cauliflower, yams/sweet potatoes, white potatoes, canned chickpeas. Dice the veg into uniform pieces and cook harder veggies longer. Dump the whole jar of sauce in, and if it doesn’t cover the meat/veg, add some water or milk. Simmer for as long as you can stand it, I’d say an hour would be the minimum.

Serve with any pre-prepared chutney you find at the store, naan and/or pappadums if you can find them too. Make an easy raita by chopping fresh mint, green onions, and a bit of cucumber, mixed with plain yogurt, especially Greek and thick.
like the chutney).

Maybe not hugely authentic, but yummy simple dinner!

Sharwoods have recipes on their website. Here’s one: http://www.sharwoods.com/indian/recipes/chicken-tikka-biryani.cfm

Thanks for recipies!