GREAT SCOTT! I rode in a frickin' Delorean

Personally, I am holding out for the flying train…

Just sitting in a DeLorean isn’t enough - it has to be rigged up to look like Doc’s Time Machine to make it worth the geekiness quotient.

I’ll agree there. Had it been totally tricked out down to the time circuits, flux compactor, and the plutonium fuel receptacle, i would have had to have an oil change… in my pants.

We we’re going to drive it around the Lakeside Mall parking lot in front of JC Penny’s at 1:16 am just for shits, but we’re in our 30s. And tired. Besides, they don’t have a Photomat either.

What you need for that is this one. (Flux Capacitor not included)

Not to bring some…reality into this, but…
…I was born in 1981.

Not if I went back in time, bumped your dad outta the way of you grandfather’s speeding vehicle and your mom fell in love with ME!

ok… that was kinda creepy. And Heavy.

That’s really heavy, Doc.

It smells, though. It smells like…like manure…

Yeah, same here. I really, really want the 1981 model. Once, for the World’s Largest Scavenger Hunt (I used to help run it, maybe I’ll do a thread on it someday), my friends and I turned this guy’s car into a fake BTTF Delorean, complete with a light-up flux capacitor. We used a bunch of cardboard and a TON of aluminum foil. Good times! There were photos on the web, but I can’t find them now.

Coupla years ago I drove by one in the lot of a small garage in Mamaroneck, NY. I did a violent and illegal U-Turn to get to it. Asked to see it. The inside was a disaster, but the guy said, " yeah, it turns over. I think." The inside was oogey enough that I didn’t ask to sit in it.

But, about…hmm… 15 years ago I shot a job for family-owned set of car dealerships on Route 4 in NJ. ( Rt. 3? Rt. 4? ). You know, dealership after dealership with the same family name. We’re setting up and I walk about back where our camera truck is and a DeLorean pulls in. A smarmy kid of about 20 gets out and walks away. It was the dealership owner’s son.

Bastard ! :smiley: I went and grovelled and by god the kid let me get into it and start it up, thought not drive it.

I want one. I’m 45. It’s time to express myself by chaneling my teenage fantasies into a car ( I know. Take a number. )

I. WANT. THIS. CAR.

Cartooniverse
p.s Was it U.L. or true that because of the unpainted skin, you could get rid of light scratches with just emery cloth?

Yeh. I think it’s true. My friend was talking about taking some kind of a sander to it as to rebrush the not perfectly pristine areas. But really, the stainless panels, from what I could tell still looked damn good.

Another thing, he did have a vanity plate, but it didn’t have anything to do with BTTF. Mine would have been: 88MPH

I know this is heretical, but I like them a lot better whent hey’ve been painted.

GASP! That’s like preferring a Tucker Torpedo unpainted. Hmm… or in Stainless…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I wish the Tucker Torpedo had never been made! :eek: And I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a stainless steel Tucker '48, but I would paint it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Lord! That looks like Tim Allen tried to soup up a Riviera.

Oh baby Jesus. That’s almost gruesome. Point taken.

But, I hope you’re not painting your stainless cookware.

I saw one done up in Ferarri Orange, and it looked smoking! If you must paint a Delorian, that was a good choice.

Damn. Here’s a 24k Gold plated one that American Express made in 1981.

Ugly as hell if’n you ask me.

How the hell does one write a page about a tricked out Delorean that references Busty Cops 4?!

For the record, Back To The Future is one of the most perfect films ever made. It accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish (be a funny and exciting action movie with a bit of a message) flawlessly, and hits almost no sour notes at all.

Rarely have I walked out of a theater more satisfied and happy than the first time I saw it.
“No Biff… you leave her alone”

I couldn’t agree more.