Greatest Ever News!

Brett Favre’s knee is going to be a-ok! I think everyone can agree this is a great thing, can’t we?

Go Packers!
Bears still suck!

I am moderately pleased by this.

I’m pretty much neutral in the whole Bears-Packers rivalry, but you gotta admit, Favre is one of the all-time greats.

You guys are just trying to get jarbaby all riled up, aren’t ya?

YAY! BACK UP ON THE PEDESTAL!

As we all know, no other quarterback has ever come back from an injury, ever in the history of sport, so Brett Favre’s recovery is certainly f-ing miraculous.

And now he can continue with the trashing of his own team mates like he did on Sunday morning on ESPN!!! YAY!

“What do you think of your back up quarterback brett?”

“Brett and his ego: I didn’t know I had one.”

Awesome! No offense Pederson, eh? Actually, thank god he’s fine because if he was really injured, we’d have to listen to Packer fans whine that it was an unclean hit, and worse yet Brett Favre bitch the same way.

Hey pal, Ferrous, I’ve never denied that he’s one of the greatest. EVER, and I’d like you to point out where I did.

And secondly…I’ve been saying all year that the Bears suck, so you’re not really cutting me to the quick on that one.

J

Am I missing something jarbaby, or did Ferrous not say one word about you?

bella–who can’t believe she’s posting to a football thread :eek:

Whoa, sensitive much? Seriously, jar, me saying Favre is a good player was not meant as a personal attack on you. I like the guy, okay? Sheesh.

bella, come on, you know you like it.:smiley:

Actually though, I can understand why an Ohio girl would want to ignore the existence of football. You’re near Cincinnati, right? Go Bengals! (Ha!)

Bengals? That’s a hockey team, right?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Helllooooooo!

Minnesota! 1-5! Hellloooooo!

Rip on a team that deserves it, ferchrissakes, including the QB that’s leading the league in turnovers.

Not to nitpick, jar, but if this quote was from the same segment I watched (and admittedly I wasn’t paying as close attention as you were – not being so personally involved with Brett and all ;)) I’m pretty sure he was joking. I mean, the whole segment was pretty tongue in cheek, what with Kurt Warner talking about how he had decided to take an 8-10 week vacation and Aaron Brooks ribbing Pedersen’s loss of seven years of his life as Favre’s backup.

Anyway, pedestal or not, I’m damn glad he’s OK. We Packer fans are well aware of where our team would be without #4.

go lions!

The Lions are starting to look like they might be for real. They beat two good teams (Saints and Bears) and almost beat the Packers. They also almost beat Minnesota at their place, which is never easy even when Minny is struggling.

If they still had Barry Sanders, they might really be doing well. Too bad he ended up retiring prematurely. You never know, if the team continues to improve, maybe he will consider a comeback. Of course, as a Packer fan I would rather not see that happen! On the other hand, if he beat out Emmy Smith for the all time rushing lead that would be cool.

BOS is right, the comment from Favre about Pedersen was a joke, he wasn’t trashing a teammate any more than Ferrous was making that phantom claim to jarbabyj.

It’ll be an interesting rest of the season. It’s hard to imagine that anyone in the NFC North is going to rise in the standings, above the Packers before the season is over.

OTOH, their special teams still suck. And their overall defensive scheme is going to be a big unknown…both in terms of personnel and performance (if I had a dime for every time Hardy Nickerson’s name has been called on a tackle…umm I couldn’t afford a cup of coffee). If they can improve that aspect of their game…who knows what could happen (it’s not like most folks see the Rams in the playoffs now…)

BOS is right, the comment from Favre about Pedersen was a joke, he wasn’t trashing a teammate any more than Ferrous was making that phantom claim to jarbabyj.

It’ll be an interesting rest of the season. It’s hard to imagine that anyone in the NFC North is going to rise in the standings, above the Packers before the season is over.

OTOH, their special teams still suck. And their overall defensive scheme is going to be a big unknown…both in terms of personnel and performance (if I had a dime for every time Hardy Nickerson’s name has been called on a tackle…umm I couldn’t afford a cup of coffee). If they can improve that aspect of their game…who knows what could happen (it’s not like most folks see the Rams in the playoffs now…)

Hey, I ain’t ripping on anybody, but I’ll have you know that my Seahawks (also 1-5) take a front seat to nobody!:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, except the lousy Bengals. snort!

Speaking of the Packers, though, Big #93 Gilbert Brown sure looks like he lost a lot of weight this year, doesn’t he? He’s looking positively svelte at a mere three-thirty-something.

I recommend you watch a tape of the Seahawks/Vikings game. There’s a short minute and forty-seven seconds in there you may find somewhat amusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah! They were the one team we managed to beat so far this year. I missed that game.

So okay, maybe the Vikings suck a little bit more than the 'Hawks. But both of us wish we only sucked as bad as the Bears.:wink:

Well, we do have a sig bet that implies you at one time thought the Bears would be better than the Packers.

I thought you were going to say that he had finally corrected the spelling of his last name to Farve. How are we supposed to teach our children spelling when role model sports figures like he and Patrick Roy are allowed to run around unchastised?