Guitar Effect

I was at a concert the other day, and I saw a guitarist use something I had never seen before.

It was a “U” shaped device held in his strumming hand. He held it against the strings, above the pickup, and it made a constant “noise” while he held the frets.

To clarify a bit more: He was right handed, and held this “U” shaped device on its side, in his right hand, while his left hand manipulated the strings normally.

What is this device called?

Sounds like an E-bow to me.

Sorry, meant to write more, but eh…here it is…

You can find info on:

You hear it a bit here and there in rock music. Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins is particularly fond of it. Makes your guitar sound all “stringy” and stuff…

I do believe that is it.

Thanks! :slight_smile: