Guns don't take hostages, peoeple do.

Ariz. Gunman Takes As Many As 9 Hostages

Guns don’t take hostages, peoeple do.

Oh, yeah? You try taking hostages without a gun.

What if I take a hostage with a poin-ted stick?

After you pull the pointed stick out of your ass (or wherever the irate hostage jammed it), go get a gun and take another hostage.

Yep, and sometimes they use bombs, explosive belts, and, on occasion, even knives.

(Or, as I learned on an episode of Cops in which some guy held off the police for awhile by holding a knife to his own throat, they can sometimes even take themselves hostage.)

The TV episode is a good example.

(Or, as I learned on an episode of Cops in which some guy held off the police for awhile by holding a knife to his own throat, they can sometimes even take themselves hostage.)

THANKS!

Seen that before.

Holly shit! I confirmed that I did go a week ago to apply for a job at the same building!

Somehow I always seem to miss these things. Remember the case of the guy that stole a dump truck in Phoenix, long police chase and a guy with a bat knocked down the guy when he tried to escape when the truck finally stopped?

I was in the freeway when that happened (did not realize at the time what was going on) and by chance I drove next to the dump truck, I realized something was amiss when the roads were so empty and behind us the police cars were slowing traffic, but only later I learned what the heck happened.

As for the current situation, the latest is that two hostages managed to escape.

Yea, and threads don’t write themselves, people write them. You know string a couple of words together, maybe a few coherent ideas.

What am I missing here? Besides an OP?

I hate when peoeple, take people as hostages.

CMC

SHUT UP! This is how to take hostages with fresh fruit, not pointed sticks!

Good news! No shots fired, all people released, gunman in custody.

That is good news, thanks.

(Hey crowmany, did you ever hear back from Lynne Russell?) :smiley:

Do better

Yea, and threads don’t write themselves, people write them.

**bannerrefugee ** , you really didn’t offer anything in the OP, so let me take a guess.

You’re upset that they said “gunman” instead of “batshit loon”. The gun part being in contention. Well, the guy had a gun, and for decades (centuries?) a guy with a gun is a gunman.

Reasonable people take this to mean the guy had a gun, as opposed to a knife, bomb, picture of Rosie O’Donnel naked, whatever. They’re all deadly. I assume you’re upset that the fringe will blame guns for this crime. And they will. But the majority here will see the person as the criminal who happened to use a gun.

Or am I being whooshed?

People…people who take people…are the luckiest kidnappers in the world…

Havin been held hostage by a gunman (a heavily armed gunman who shot the shit out the building at that) I just wanted to say

IT SUCKS.

Glad everyone got out ok.

Slee

I’ve got a rock. Can I use a rock?

So, a bat-man could win against a dump truck, if he was prepared?

People do a whole lot of things. In fact they do just about everything we ever talk about, their involvement is pretty much a given. So why don’t we just remove this constant from the equation and see what we have left?