H.e.a.t.

A friend called to say that there has been a helicopter flying around with H.E.A.T. painted on it for the past three days. The acronym sounds very familiar, but it’s not coming to mind. I tried googling it, only google reads it as ‘heat’. My friend thought it might be someone looking for marijuana or something, but that doesn’t sound right to me.

Anyone know what H.E.A.T. stands for?

The title should be ‘H.E.A.T.’, not ‘H.e.a.t.’ SDMB changed it.

I assume it wasn’t carrying High Explosive Anti Tank rounds, so the only other thing I can think of is maybe its a tv or radio news/traffic helicopter.

That’s the acronym that was familiar. Couldn’t be that. Could be a news helicopter, but HEAT wouldn’t be the radio station’s call sign.

Helicopter Emergency Aerial Tactical Team?

High-rise Emergency Aerial Team?

hydroxyphenyl-ethyl-aminomethyl-tetralone?

Or

High Enforcement Apprehension Team

Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office

Thanks for the replies. The Helicopter Emergency Aerial Team seems to be from Maryland, and there are no high-rises here. SLC is pretty far away, too. When I asked what kind of helicopter it was, she just laughed. (I forget sometimes that some people just see ‘helicopter’.) She said it was ‘cream coloured’ with H.E.A.T. in red.

Being close to the Canadian border I thought it might have something to do with the Border Patrol. Only they use Black Hawks, and I think they’re black.

Johnny L.A.

If the helicopter is flying around power lines, then it is probably Haverfield Electric Air Team. Haverfield is a helicopter patrol, inspection and maintenance company that contracts with utilities to inspect and repair transmission lines. The linemen and pilots are trained to do live-line maintenance on transmission lines up to 765KV.

If you are concerned, contact your local utility and ask if they have any helicopter contractors on the property.

Fiat Lux,

If you’re interested, you can see some quicktime videos here.

Other companies that do this work:

Agrotors

USA Airmobile

Air2

There are a few others, but these are the best.

Fiat Lux,

Man, I’d hoped it was Hal’s Emerald Advancement Team celebrating their victory!

http://glheat.tripod.com/

–Cliffy