Hack her to death with a kitchen knife.

I don’t have many pet peeves, but my new one is definitely “Hack her to death with a kitchen knife.” What the fuck??? Can there be a more disturbing and obtuse #3?? I know, there’s probably a TV/movie/video game reference that I’m not getting, and I’m being whooshed somehow. But still…

Okay, I *understand * that the “old” #3, “Hi, Opal!” was getting a little tired. But, come on, people! Can’t we do better than a #3 that advocates violence towards [a] woman!?!? There’s too much of that type of shit everywhere anyway! Even if there is some obscure media in-joke involved, it’s not all that funny anymore! I have now seen “Hack her to death with a kitchen knife,” one too many times!!!

Yeah, okay, ha ha, I have a sense of humor, I get it, the shock, the juxtaposition, it was funny for about a minute. Now, stop it. Think of something else. Please!!!

:mad: :mad:

It’s funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the bright side, we know that this is at least one cliche that won’t get * beaten * to death.

3. Hack him to death with a kitchen knife. Ya happy now?

1. Express your concerns with the actions of the individual involved in such a way as to proactively engender a supportive, nurturing environment of self-improvement and personal growth.

On preview damn you Fear, you’re fast.

Funny that it’s getting pitted, I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Btw, how about a linkleberrysaurus?

Darn it.

I seem to see it everywhere, it’s probably been mentioned in about four threads I’ve read lately.

Thanks for the jokes, I think I’m getting over it now. :slight_smile:

Well, I came, but I don’t know about the rest of you.

I concur.

Nah we’re only 8 posts in, you get steam about it more, we’re just getting started. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you really want to ask that particular question?

World Eater and Metacom, lol.

No, about the third or fourth time I saw it, I was like, :rolleyes: come on, think of something else!!!

Uh oh.

It’s used, fairly prominently, in this thread. Disturbingly enough.

1. Beat off with a razor blade sandwich.

FWIW, here’s the original, 29 posts in. It was funny in the original context; I’m not sure it works out of context.

Er…yeah. That’s the same thread Ethilrist just linked.

Er, no it isn’t, I got my browser windows confused. S’cuse me. I’m off to find something I’m competent at.

Well, dayum! I started it last week, and figured that nobody would even get the reference, much less want to repeat it. And now I find out it’s all the rage. Woo hoo! I started a message board trend!

(Thanks for the support, World Eater!)

Okay, *now * I get it. But it still creeps me out. Oh, well. I guess I never have worried about my “popularity” anyway…
:confused: :eek: :frowning:

It seems to have the potential to be more context sensitive then “Hi Opal”, thus funnier.

the formula is roughly

X him/her to Y with a Z

Fuck, I should go outside.