Had anything memorable to drink lately?

I just had a boilermaker-2011 Affligem Flemish Christmas Ale with a tall shot glass of \Pendleton Whisky, and two things come to mind:

1. What the hell was I thinking, and
  2. Why didn’t I think of this before?

When I was already a bit glowy from alcohol, I had this thing called a 'ti punch, that took me to the slobbering stage very quickly.

Southern Tier Chokolat–an imperial stout. First truly chocolate beer I’ve ever had. 11%ABV. very good

At El Mason de Pepeon Mallory Square in Key West last week: a Tangerine Dream. The menu says it’s vodka, triple sec, peach schnapps and “fruit juices”. It was juicy and refreshing, sweet without being cloying, and much more alcoholic than it tasted. urp

Labrot and Graham Woodfield Reserve Kentucky Bourbon. Completely smooth going down, lovely aroma and flavor.

I have a 1/10, that is, half a fifth of it in payment of a debt from about a year ago. I expect it will take a couple years to drink it as a little goes a long way and I’m a very moderate drinker.

Had a HeBrew Funky Jewbelation at a local pub that specializes in craft and smaller brewers. The link has it as 9.8% abv but the pub listed it as 11%. Very good; wasn’t what I was expecting but a pleasant surprise.

Is 2012 recent enough? Didn’t think so…
I had some Mount Gay tri-centenial rum back then. That’s about the only special drink I can think of.

The Balvenie 14 Year Old Caribbean Cask

Tried it at a tasting at a local seafood restuarant, I am currently on my second fifth. Took about a year to savor the first.

A couple of months ago I slipped a cinnamon stick into a bottle of Calvados and set it in the back of my cupboard to let the flavors mingle. During this last nasty cold snap I sampled just a wee dram of it, very nice on cold night it was.

I made Limoncello for the first time.

I’ll always remember my first time.

I just put that on my “Want List”.

The last time I ate at an Indian restaurant, I finally ordered the drink Lassie. Sweet creamy coconutty mango-like. No alcohol. So, so delicious.

Also, chai latte, spiced black tea with milk, is becoming a trend, which is very good news for tea lovers.

Pappy Van Winkle 15 YO bourbon.
Very difficult to find, not cheap, and worth every bit of the effort and cost.

Hot ginger/pear white tea & pear brandy. Good cough medicine nummy.

For New Year’s, we had really lovely Feuerzangenbowle: Feuerzangenbowle - Wikipedia

Now sipping a minty French apéritif. It’s magic.

whiskey, vodka, everclear

Marc Deschamps Pouilly Fumé 2012 Les Porcheronnes. A truly spectacular wine.