Hair loss...who the heck cares?

It doesn’t really count for squat. If you meet a gal who has this hangup, she doesn’t really count.

Of course it matters, I would never date a bald woman. :slight_smile:

It only hurts when I laugh.

I hadnt read this thread since I posted…And now I cant focus past the thought of auraseer bald…oops, I slid off my chair!

Unclebeer, I could have it for you …please!

I guess its kind of a fetish thing for me…and since Sqrlcubs revelation about feltching…mine isnt so wierd : The most arousing/ erotic thing I have ever done was to cut all shitboy’s hair off, buzz it short with clippers and shave him bald…then he rubbed me with his head…like a big penis!MMMMMmmmmmmmm. Oh my, Maybe I shouldnt tell you guys this…but I really want the balding gents to have hope - I CANT be the only one out there that gets off on baldness so to speak. :wink:

That should have sadi : UNCLEBEER COULD I SHAVE IT FOR YOU…

See…I get thinking about shaving and I get all stupid. (shut up satan.)

I could do a bald man.

Or, . . . um . . . did that come out wrong?
Nah, on second thought, it’s just fine. I could do a bald man. :smiley:

Sola bona lingua est mortua lingua.

The men in my family (on my mom’s side) are all in varying stages of baldness. My dad is almost completely bald as well. To me, baldness is very attractive. I think it’s because it’s so very familiar. It’s rather strange that I actually ended up marrying a man who has more hair than all the men in my family combined. I didn’t marry him for his hair, though. I married him because he’s got a really nice butt. :wink:

To all the guys out there who are losing your hair…don’t worry about it. You really do look fine. As long as you don’t comb it over. Please, don’t do the comb over.

My dad looks better at 50 than he did at 30 with all his hair. I’m hoping that’s how I turn out, since I’m 20 and already getting a bit thin.

He also has a moustache. . . hmm. . .
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

Well, I started losing some hair at 25 or so, and now at 31 I have a nice thin spot. It doesn’t bother me and I usually keep that hair short and combed back (not over!) I have recently started to shave my head completely and I like it, but some friends have said I look like a great big, pink Budda, or a neo-nazi depending on if I am smiling or not!
I dont feel selfconcious about it, but Ido feel that advertising is making it seem like bald me are unatractive, nerdy guys.
I was unattractive and nerdy BEFORE I started losing my hair!

“The universe doesn’t give first warnings or second chances”

I’m fond of saying that hubby had hair when he met me. Since our marriage, he’s nothing more than a mosquito landing pad up top. He shaves his head to give him a lovely Aryan/Neo Nazi look.Quite intimidating at times, on a guy of his size. Funny thing is is that I see “Him” everywhere: short, stocky, massive chest guys with shaved heads and goatees.

He always wondered why I never teased him about his rapidly retreating hairline atop ( the side hair, ah la Julius Ceaser, is gonna hang around until the end. I’ve seen his Mom’s dad and his dad’s uncle (whom he replicates both in an odd way.) and that hair will be there forever.

Then he met my brothers who are as bald on top and not much else on the side due to the shitter of all genetics. Brother #4 was completely bald by 25 and he didn’t do it gracefully. He flushed thousands down the toilet on Rogaine. Talk about Custer and his last stand. Brother #3 was bald by 30, but he brought::;shudder::;a $3,000 toupee that he never takes care of ( much like everything else he owns) and it looks like something died on his head. When he has been in and out of the hospital and mom and I clean out his apartment, we cannot even touch the toupee. It just gives us the willies. Brother #2 keeps what he has ( a little on the side) to a buzz cut, but grows his goatee in to a billy goats proportion. Brother #1 is dead, bald and buried. None of the above brothers has an attractive bald head either. They look like their faces are sliding down their skulls ( which they are do to the muscles becoming lax from MD.)

I’d rather date a bald man any day. It saves on shampoo and conditioner.

I love the “Mr. Clean” look. Bald head, dark mustache, muscles. Mmmmmmm

But, I am going to play devils advocate here and probably get spanked, but what the hell.

I just want to point out that there is a HUGE difference between prejudice towards those with a certain look (overweight, bald, brown eyes, etc.) and not being attracted to a certain look.

As I said, I think the “Mr. Clean” look is very sexy, but I am not attracted to the Julius Caesar crown (I’m not going to even mention the comb-over - eeewww). I am also partial to dark eyes and hair, redheads really don’t “do” it for me. I would rather my dates be taller than me (6 feet or more. I am 5’7"), and preferably muscular although stocky can be good. I don’t find skinny men attractive.

Would I get romantically involved with a skinny, half balding, short, redhead?

Honestly? Probably not, even if they had a wonderful personality. Face it - although looks aren’t everything, especially when you love someone, a big part of a relationship is mutual attraction. My taste isn’t set in stone, in fact, the guy I am currently dating is blonde. However, I do know what I am and what I am not attracted to.

Do I think that a skinny, half balding, short, redhead is somehow inferior?

Absolutely not! We all have different taste, thank God. Wouldn’t it be sad if we were all attracted only to blondes or those with blue eyes or guys with full heads of hair?

We are only human and like it or not, it is hard, if not impossible to be in a romantic relationship to someone who you do not find attractive.

The thing is, is that no one person writes the definition of “ATTRACTIVE”. Each and every one of us is somebody’s type so if we are so concerned about being attractive, why sweat over things like hair loss or weight or anything else?

>^,^<
KITTEN
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

You know what they say about bald men…

They’re great at u-turns under the sheets!

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

’ My dad is almost completely bald as well…’

I’ve never seen anyone that far, they always have plenty of hair on the sides…

Why is shaving the head consider to be IN, but baldness is not? Probably a media influence–like those commericals–as they don’t make commercials about getting it back if you shave it off.

I wonder at age 50 if there are more men with hair than without?

I have the opposite problem. I like my hair short (think military buzz cut or ‘rounded flattop’), but it grows so fast and so thick I have to get out the clippers every two weeks. I do it myself rather than pay 10 bucks for the barber every other weekend. And I have to go with a full attack with the thinning shears to prevent my head from looking like a haystack. As far as my mother’s dad goes; he’s 70+ and still has a thick head of hair. I would love for there to be a ‘thinning shampoo’ or slo-gro elixir.

I did start graying about 5 years ago in my mid-twenties, but since my hair is blond/light brown, it doesn’t really show unless you look closely.

Having said all that, those commercials really bug me too. But I hesitate to say what a balding man might be feeling, not facing that situation myself.