Halloween =/= Satan Worship, you fucking twit

I don’t hate Christians. Just stupid people. Not intellectually challenged people–it’s not someone’s fault if they’ve got a little grit slowing their clockworks, but real life, honest to goodness, unrepentantly intentionally ignorant people of average to better intellectual ability. People who are intellectually careless. Quite literally, intellectually STUPID.

Target: Self proclaimed “good” people who blindly consider Samhain to be a Satanic orgy of death worship and goat-felching. Y’all can go fuck your ignorant selves. It’s a night and a day of recognition of the year’s dead. It’s a time to gather and rekindle the hearth fires and to give thanks for the family & neighbors that will help each other get through the barrenness of winter. It’s a time when the souls cross into and out of this world, the beginning of renewal. A time of hope in the face of death.

Where’s your Satan’s influence there? Stick to what you know. And by the way…that tree? that mistletoe, the rabbits, ducklings and eggs you’ve incorporated into your winter and spring rites? Know where those came from? Get thee to a nunnery, fuckface! And keep on persecuting despite your sworn savior’s admonishment to love & share.

Darn you! Darn you all to HECK!

Sheez, the language!

:eek:

Inigo means* business*. Now you’ve done it. Now you’ve done it!

lets loose a beansidh wail

You mean it’s not? You mean I’ve been celebrating it the wrong way all these years? I feel like such a dork.

Not that I’m supporting the viewpoint (as I love Halloween,) but it probably has to do with Caesar’s description of ritual human sacrifice during Celtic Samhain rites.

So, in their eyes, human sacrifice = murder = bad = Satan. Not all that hard, really.

But was it Roman propaganda? Maybe. Nobody knows.

I’ve often seen that the people whom you refer to, who have the audacity to refer themselves as True Christians, seem to fear death and the acceptance and knowledge of it more than anyone else I know. Their afterlife is assured, yet they don’t even want to acknowledge that death is just a part of life and is not to be shunned and feared.

shrug Me, if they’re right, I’ll be burning anyway. I’ve been exposed to Jesus Christ and still won’t accept the Gospel, so oh well. hangs up a big web of spiders to scare the sht out of the SO*

Halloween is completely beshitted. You have the Xian fundies yawping about Satan worship AND you have the woo-woo/creduloids using it as an opportunity to trumpet their particular brand of stupidity.
Fuck. Why can’t it just be about candy?

Last year, one of the columnists for my university’s newspaper published a lengthy column about how Halloween is so “anti-Christian.” She then went on to state how much she loved all the “good Chrsitian symbolism” of holidays like Christmas. The next day, the letters to the editor section contained numerous letters from students eager to explain where all those symbols originated…

Talking about Satan and all is fine, but did you really have to bring Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light, into this? Aiii!!!

Yeah, what did Phil do to deserve these loons?

You are my new bestest friend.

Nice rant, but

What in the world does Samhain have to do with your rant? As noted in the Evidence for the Gregory IV / Samhain connection? thread, the false connection between Samhain and Hallowe’en was only back-created in the 19th century.

As Scumpup astutely noted, it is all about the candy, (having been rescued from the secular night of pranks from which it arose).

But don’t christians have human sacrifice? After all, they talk a lot about a guy who died horribly, and they then talk about eating his blood and body, and then they talk about love in his creepy way, even their families, and calling each other brother and sister and how they LOVE each other.

Sounds rather creepy and cultish to me. Obviously, it means Christianity is full of incest and cannablism.

(Or so the romans thought back in the early ADs).

What’s that whole thing about Judging and being Judged?

Of course it is!

Cite, cite, cite, and ci-diddly-ite!

All a part of our master plan.

Its NOT about the candy, totally. Its about dressing up in costume. Oh, sure, you can go to a costume party, but anyone not invited will not “get it”. Its so nice to wear a costume, go out, most others are wearing too. I love it. I don’t care if it really were dedicated to baby killing or whatever. Too bad. Its been commercialized and taken over by us costumers now!
I hate these self righteous people who put the tracts out. Just wish it was a little warmer…

But the Christian religion (of which I am NOT a part) makes rather a lot of hay out of the “fact” that, as the son of God, JC could have gotten out of the whole thing, but went to his death voluntarily. The Caesarian Samhain account, IIRC, involved sacrificing unwilling victims.

I know a lot of ‘Christians’ who wail and gnash their teeth at the commercialization of Christmas, and its subsequent ‘removal’ of Christ and replacement with Santa, toys, family, frends, and ham. Yes, ham. Ham is good. Ham is RIGHT!..(sorry, I’ve been drinking…)

Anyway, an observation of these individuals showed (at least to me) that many were the same ones who proclaim loudly that Halloween is a holiday for the worship of Stan. Er, Satan. Anyway, although those of us who looked into it know it isn’t, that doesn’t matter to most of these ‘Christians.’ Instead of putting out the “It ain’t about Satan” arguement, how about a “It’s been commercialized too much, like Christmas!” arguement?

I did that to some extent already int the Halloweenie Meanie thread. But the X-people really light my Jack-o Lantern. :cool:

I could really get into worshipping Stan, if only for the chocolate.

In this town, people call anything that has to do with mythology or other religions (not to mention anyone who’s different or Goth) “Satanism”. I’m not kidding. My husband was told he was a Satanist in grade school because he knew what a unicorn was, and read mythology. The D.A.R.E officer tells young children that Goths will take their pets, kill them as a sacrifice to Satan and hang them in a tree to drain their blood on Halloween. This was told to my husband by his friend’s little sister who had it said to her class. I had a conversation with a teacher recently who spoke of kids wearing Gothic style make-up as though it were tatamount to praying loudly to Satan in the school halls. People in this town also refer to the different Christian denominations as “religions” too though. As in “Southern Baptist is a different religion than Catholic.” :rolleyes: