Ham cake!

This may sound crazy, but I’m throwing it out there–In the Duncan Hines Brownie Mix recipe, if you want “cake-y” brownies, you use 3 eggs. If you want “fudgy” brownies,* you use two eggs. Everything else (veg. oil and water) is the same. Ukulele Ike said upthread it seemed like a lotta egg and he may be closest to the problem.

Where’s a chemist when you need one?

Great, now I gotta go make some brownies.
*I assume that equals moister.

Short Ham Story (feel free to skip): some years back, my mother found a big chunk of ham way back in the freezer. Computation revealed it had been there 2 years, +/-. Appeared to have nothing wrong with it. She crocked a huge pot of Navy Pea-Bean soup (it’s my favorite) using said ham. Am-freakin’-brosia, I kid you not. Would 5 years in the deep-freeze make it even better? :wink:

Too much food aside:

When just a youngster, my mother got a deal on banana’s from the local supermarket. Either one or two boxes (40 lbs each?). At any rate, an extraordinary number of bananas, even with five boys (and a sister) to eat them.

We of course got sick of bananas (and banana bread and whatever else mom could cram them into). Trickery was attempted:

Eat some fruit - it’s good for you.

I don’t want another banana.

How about a plum?

Sure - I love plums!

Here is a plumb, ripe banana.

-or-

How about a pear? Here is a pair of bananas! (alternatively, a pair of plumb ripe bananas).

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Orange

Orange who?

Orange you glad I can offer you this pear of plum ripe bananas? :smiley:

I love every response on this thread. (For real, I still have more of the ham that I didn’t freeze looking at me in the fridge.)

(That doesn’t include the bone plus meat (crockpot) I’m talking about the other two bags o’ ham.) (In the freezer)