Happy Birthday BratMan007!

This fellow Gemini and St. Louis girl just could not let today go by without wishing one of the coolest new posters to Straight Dope the happiest birthday ever!

Congratulations on tackling this one SMOKE FREE! This is the anniversary of the day you started life. How appropriate that you make this the beginning of a new lease on life!

Happy, Happy Birthday BratMan! May this year bring you lots of love, joy, prosperity and fewer annoying co-workers. Oh, and may you get laid as often as you’d like! :smiley:

Thank you, Shayna. You know you’re the only person who remembered today? I haven’t even gotten a phone call from my mom!

BratMan007, no one ever remembers my SO’s birthday either, including his entire family. :frowning: But I try to make that not matter too much by doing enough happy birthday stuff to and for him to make up for everyone else who forgets. Hope there’s someone in your world who can do something nice for you too.

Add my humble second to all of Shayna’s good wishes, and if nothing else, do a little something extra pleasant for yourself tonight, whatever it may be.

If there was a smilie with birthday hat on, I’d put one here, so use your imagination.

BratMan007, God love you man… and your mom didn’t even call? Well here’s a Bud Light to you!!

Tnaks cygnus, it really not that big of a deal to me. It was nice that someone remembered, but it’s not like this is a milestone birthday or anything for me.

I can even understand why no one’s remembered - my sister is having a baby shower on the 3rd and my parents are all happy about their first grandchild coming and my sister’s getting REAL close to squeezing that puppy out any day now.
Now here’s how I see it: My sister’s birthday is tomorrow. If you remember one kid’s birthday, you’re only one day away from the other kid, so if they don’t remember today, they might remember tomorrow, and then I can make them feel guilty for years to come for forgetting. (Except my mom of course, I don’t think I can ever out-guilt trip mom.)

BrarMan007 - Happy Birthday!

Have a chocolate covered doughnut w/a candle.
It’ll make you feel better (and younger, from what I read) :smiley:

You’re just so goddamn sweet!!! {{{{{{{{little*bit}}}}}}}}

and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHAYNA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for starting this thread.

Too bad I have to watch what I eat now. I’m quitting smoking and I don’t want to balloon up, so I’m being careful about snacking.

Aw what the hell, it’s my birthday.
(Coincidentally, those are the same words spoken in 1997 after I had been smoke free for 6 months and decided one cigarette won’t hurt.)

21 hours, 9 minutes and 32 seconds. 13 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2.05. Life saved: 1 hour, 5 minutes.

Happy Birthday from one new person to another :slight_smile: Many more :slight_smile:

Feliz Cumpleaños Bratman! Deseo para usted un año lleno de paz, felicidad, y amor.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks, I guess. I only understand the first part of that and the last couple words. Don’t let the signature line fool you. I only really know enough Spanish to get around in a bar (Cerveza, por favor! Donde esta el bano de los cabelleros?) flatter women (Tus ojos brillan como las estrellas) and get my face slapped (The signature line).

Here’s what I think I understand out of that sentence: Happy Birthday Me! You wish me a year of (something), happiness, and love. What am I missing there?

I wish you a year of peace, happiness, and love. Of course who knows if I actually said that. My spanish isn’t so hot either and it took me 10 minutes to write that one sentence. LOL

Happy, Happy Birthday, BratMan! And doing it smoke-free!!! Totally Awesome! :cool: Here’s to many, many more, and a birthday evening you won’t soon forget… :wink:

May your heart’s desire be fulfilled, and your cup runneth over, all the days of your life.

<insert birthday smilie here>
<btw, if I knew you better, and weren’t married, your sig would tempt me…> :wink:

Grrrrrrroooooooowwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrlllll!

But if you aren’t the one who’s tempted, who’s supplying the special birthday evening? Or by that did you mean that tonight’s rerun of Friends is an especially funny one?

Sorry, my dear. I was leaving that up to whoever is special in your life, or someone who lives nearby. I also don’t know what you would want for a special evening, so how about some hints. :wink:

As to the other… :o Thank you for the compliment.

Happy Birthday Bratman! I’ve been reading the SD smoke-out, and I’m glad you’ve kept your commitment.

Everyone I knew forgot my birthday too, unfortunately I hadn’t been at the SDMB long enough to get acquainted with anyone. I think I had registered 2 days before my birthday or so…I don’t remember.

I wish you the best in this step forward in life!

I, too, would like to wish Bratman a happy, happy birthday!

Go out and have the great time you deserve this weekend! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to give this a bump and thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. You’re the only people who remembered! Everyone in my family is all wrapped up in the excitement of my sister having a baby. Maybe today at the baby shower, they’ll be passing gifts around and someone will mention my sister’s birthday being yesterday and then they’ll remember my birthday was the day before that.

I’m not gonna drop any hints though. I’m kinda of curious to see how long it goes before someone says something.

Happy Birthday, BratMan!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Day 4 of BratMan’s forgotten birthday. Here I am at my parents’ house cuz my laundry machine decided it didn’t want to do laundry anymore - and no one has said anything about forgetting my birthday yet. I find it hard to believe they’ve all just clean forgotten.

My new theory is that they remembered, but since I haven’t said anything, they aren’t saying anything either, hoping that I forgot also. I know they had to have looked at a calendar or something by now.