Happy birthday, dantheman! :)

Thought I’d wait till you were actually online… :slight_smile: (of course, by the time this actually posts, you may go offline, but that’s okay, as I intend to post it anyways :D) But since you’re online as of now, you’d better respond to your own birthday thread, even though it’s started by someone you don’t know from Adam. :wink:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANTHEMAN!!!

Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and a good time celebrating it with the people you love… whether they be family, friends, or whoever. Remember to have fun, take care of yourself, and do what you want to do! (as long as it’s not harmful to others, you know)

F_X

Wow!

Thanks, Flamsterette_X!

What brought this on? Was it the long-stemmed roses? The caviar dipped in caramel on your pillow? Was it the $1000 bill under your door? (Oops. Hope it wasn’t the bucket o’ rabid crabs. I was saving that for someone else, and I’ve misplaced it!)*

Heh. No mind.

Thanks!!

Now, here’s what I’m doing. I did nothing today. We get our birthday off at work, so I sat around and did nothing. No, I take that back, I posted here. A lot.

Then I got in the ol danmobile and drove north to see my new nephew, whom I’ve mentioned in another thread. Y’see, we had us a birth in the wee hours Tuesday. So I got here early evening, had a nice dinner and kibbitzed, and tomorrow evening we’ll drive up to see the mommy and daddy and lil bastard, too. :slight_smile:

So! How was your day??

:smiley:

Oh, and by the way - this is the first birthday in a long, long time I’m actually celebrating. You know how it goes. You get older, you just keep ignoring birthdays. Bah. Well, this one’s been cool. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

• boy, i hope you’re female… the first part of the post’ll look mighty darn weird if you’re not!

** omigod! what if she didn’t mean ME? I mean, sure, my name is dantheman, and yeah it is my birthday, but… but… well, what if? Uh oh!

La-breithe mhaith agat!

Joyeux Anniversaire!

Buon Compleanno!

bacio

smoooooooch (hope that’s what “bacio” means)

ty AR!

No problemo, dantheman! You see, we take our birthdays seriously here in Flamster-Land. In fact, one of my titles is the “birthday queen.” You should hear what my friends have to say about me. :wink: Yes, I am female. And yes, I most definitely did mean you. :slight_smile:

And if you really wanna know… all that stuff helped, but what really did it was the notation in my Doper birthday notebook. :smiley: Yes, it’s noted down here… “July 12 – dantheman” So there you go.

Congratulations on your new nephew! I like little babies and kids. :slight_smile: I hope that you will have lots of time to enjoy playing with him, and teaching him all the things uncles teach their nephews. (not having ever been a nephew myself, I souldn’t know what that would be)

Got the day off work on your birthday? Sounds great to me! Posted here a lot? Well, that sounds like an awesome use of your time! (seriously…)

Hope you enjoy what you’re doing now! Cheers! raises a toast to you

By the way: are you getting or did you get anything for your birthday? Sounds so materialistic, I know. But all the same, the question still remains. :slight_smile:

F_X

Oh, I almost forgot about your question… :smack: Sorry about that.

How was my day? Hmm… it was all right, I suppose. While I was shopping for groceries today, I met someone I used to know. We spent a few minutes chatting in the long checkout line, so that was a nice surprise. Also spent more than my fair share of time here on the computer, posting and reading.

However, I can’t say that my day was all good. I called my mom and asked if my siblings were home. They weren’t, so I elected to get off the phone line. I did say goodbye, but my mom called back not a minute later to tell me I hadn’t, and to lecture me for daring to hang up on her (which I did NOT do… she loves twisting things around to suit her version of events). She has selective hearing and memory, which is definitely not a good combination.

But I am feeling better now that I have told a few friends about it, and have also vented in my LiveJournal. So things are sort of looking up. Thanks for asking, and I hope that your day has gone the way yoy wanted it to go.

F_X

Well yeehaw. F_X! Sounds like such an eventful day. :slight_smile: Glad you vented elsewhere, y’know!

I did get a couple of things today - I got a gift certificate to Suncoast (or Sam Goody or a couple other stores, all owned by the same company) and I got Stephen King’s Everything’s Eventual. Will begin reading it on the train Monday morning.

Happy Happy Birthday, dantheman!!!

I don’t really know you, but my friend Cristi has told me what a sweetheart you are, so I know you deserve to have a wonderful day, marvelous year and lots of cake and ice cream!

Scotti

Dan, I’m sorry I’m late.

Hope your day was great!

((((((Dan))))))

Yum! Cake and ice cream! Thanks, Scotticher!

Ice cream cake is a staple in my family. For kids, my mom’ll still make an actual cake, but for us adults, we get a nifty Carvel ice cream cake. Best of both worlds!

And today when we visited the baby, we had more desserts - a couple of pies, a helping of snacking cake… mmm.
Thanks for the warm and fuzzy thoughts!

{{{{{{{{{{ Cristi }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Heh, I knew you’d be around. After all, F_X started this thread in the wee hours.

It’s been a good weekend, but I really only came up here to see the lil’ one. :slight_smile: