hardygrrl has a girly moment

I don’t know about flowers, I mean, a friend of mine was having a bad week while working in Canada so I sent her some flowers and I grew and cut some for my ex-fiancee, but nowadays, not so much.

However, if you’re sick, I’ll come over with soup, if that counts for anything. Oh, and I’m prone to spontanious bouts of massage. Ah well.

YMMV

awww thinksnow…that’s so sweet :slight_smile:

Massages are good things :slight_smile:

A rose for hardygrrl: --<–<--(@

And, now that the foreplay is out of the way…

I, too, will join the club of gift-bearing guys out there. Spontaneous picnics, too. Those are always fun.

Just letting you know that yes, we exist.

Flowers are coolin the same way e-mail and phone calls are cool, small proofs that they were thinking of you when they didn’t have to and acted on it.

Flowers make me smile. But I dream of full blown massages. (And god could I use one. How many more days until I go home?)

Thanks Rysdad…got the card too :slight_smile:

You know, if you don’t want to wait 'til the next Spiffle, you can come out to Ohio for the soon-to-be-announced ColDope (or maybe OhDope?). Actually, that goes for everyone, which includes youMC.

I’ll try my best thinksnow…maybe I’ll even show a random Doper why my friends will not allow me to give their SOs massages…must be all the satisfied groans and the “Hey will you teach her THATs”.

::bump::

A big thank you to Blur for what you said last night…

And I tried to sign the guestbook at your site but damn cheapass webtv!

But thanks again…I’ll never call you a jabroni again.
BTW…who’s the new IC champion? hehehehehehehe

I buy Marcie roses at least once a month, for no reason whatever except that it makes her happy. I buy her little bits of jewelry from time to time, as well as random gifts from Victoria’s Secret. I open doors for her, I go shopping with her, I carry things for her, we share all household chores, including cooking. I cannot imagine being with anyone but her.

She is thoughtful, considerate, sweet, lovely, funny, smart, well-dressed, well read, an excellent cook, she smells wonderful and is easily the most beautiful woman who ever lived.

I don’t know that I swept her off her feet, but she sure as hell swept me off of mine.

hardygrrl, I don’t think you’ve gone over the deep edge into girlarific. And, I want to add another vote to all the folx that say those men do exist…I have my very own display model, that darn cat.
[sub]to self I can’t believe I’m doing this.[/sub]
He surprises me with flowers, chocolate, a bottle of wine. He even encourages my Pokémon urges with Psyduck desk toys. And he does the creative and funny stuff well, too (a package of eggplant seeds as part of my birthday extravaganza, searching high and low for the specific kind of tea I like). I think that last bit is the kind of stuff I appreciate the most. It’s supasweet to stop by Ye Olde Grocers and pick up a bouquet every now and again, but when he surprises me with a very moi-specific gift, that’s what really tickles me. It’s a way of saying that he pays attention to me and the things I like, I suppose.
Anyhoo, cat attests to the fact that he spoils me like no girl before. My secret? I’m appreciative, short of gushing. I let him know I was truly touched by his effort, verbally and, well, physically (positive reinforcement, anyone?). :smiley:

Okay, I think I’m done gloating. Everyone can go back to trying to pick up hardygrrl. :wink:

Ya all know that flowers are the sex organ of the plant, right? So you’re putting your nose into the sex organ of the plant & when you give flowers, you’re giving a huge bunch of sex organs to someone. Maybe that’s what turns on HG, who knows?

This is so true. My last SO was nowhere near as appreciative as moi, so I got tired of making the effort. In her words I got “complacent”, that’s OK, at least there was “closure”. :wink: The bottom line is, making my SO happy, makes me happy. (hot monkey sex notwithstanding) So the happier she is when she gets gifts, the more likely I am to buy her gifts. Simple as that.

The hardygrrl/Falcon/TruePisces Fan Club

The next fan club meeting will be held at my place. The club would be proud to have you in attendance as guests-of-honor. And please don’t be concerned if I just happen to be the only fan club member in attendance - I’m sure everyone else’s invites will get lost in the mail.

Meeting’s agenda will include: [list=1]
[li] Presentation of dozen-rose-bouquets for each of the guests-of-honor.[/li]
[li] Adjournment to king-size bed for several hours worth of cuddling in front of 48-inch television and watching a “Farscape” marathon.[/li]
[li] Talk given by the club member in attendance consisting of sweet, romantic words telling the guests of honor how absolutely amazing they are and how lucky said club member is that they are spending a little time with him.[/li]
[li] Brief interlude wherein the guests-of-honor confer amongst themselves and decide upon the rest of the evening’s agenda.[/list=1][/li]The options consist of (but are not limited to):
(Option A) [list=A]
[li] Commencement of physical portion of the evening, beginning with - full body scented-oil rub-downs, ending with vigorous foot massages followed by toe sucking (which, by all accounts, I do quite well. ;)), leading to[/li]
[li]Several hours of toe-curling, ninety-minute-orgasm, back-against-the-wall-and-spread-'em, neighbors-calling-the-cops-from-all-the-yelling, rockets-going-off-in-your-brain-until-you-go-limp-and-numb, hardcore S.E.X. and lastly[/li]
[li]Three ladies walking out the front door the next morning with big, contented grins on their faces. (A full breakfast is included with this option.)[/list=A][/li]-or-
(Option B) Continued cuddling and romantic talk until the guests-of-honor fall asleep or decide to return home.

The attending club member does not have a preference between Options A and B. Even if nothing physical happens, he is well satisfied having spent an evening with three wonderful ladies.

[/quote]

hardygrrl, what you describe in your OP isn’t excessively girly. You’re wanting a man you have things in common with that treats you like the most wonderful person ever created, because he knows that that is so. TruePisces and Falcon seem to be looking for the same thing. Let me say that from you three’s personalities that come across here, that is exactly the sort of man you deserve. So never settle for anything less.

Hardy –

Wanting displays of affection like flowers or hand-holding or whatever isn’t girly; I’d submit that anyone in a romantic relationship should expect romantic and emotional displays from their partner, whether they be male or female. People get into relationships and fall in love in order to be close to another human being; displays of affection and romanticism are the ‘proof’ that the other person feels the same way we do. It’s also a way to keep the spark in the relationship - rather than fall into the same rut and stay there. Also, it’s a way of showing the other person just how special we think they are.

I’ll join the long line of guys who enjoy being romantic - there’s something pretty special about seeing the expression on the face of your partner when you do something sweet and romantic for them. They enjoy it, I enjoy their enjoyment - it’s a feedback loop that keeps giving to both partners.

In short - ain’t nuthin’ wrong with wanting romance. Hot monkey sex is a wonderful thing and has its time and place (basically as often as possible and anywhere, respectively), but it’s natural to want the emotion that goes along with the physicality.

Tygr -

Thank you. You can’t know how much I needed this today, even if it’s “only” online. hugs you hard

And I’ll take Option A. :wink:

blush (Looks down) Yes, I’d say you DID. Hug me. Hard.

Alright, that settles it. We seriously need a “Woo-hoo!” smilie…
All seriousness aside, Falc, I’ll tell you this just between you & me - I ultimately decided not to post to the “Admire from Afar” thread 'coz I’m too indecisive. But I’ll tell you here that you were(are) at the top of the list for me. Although now that we’ve exchanged "Hello"s, I guess it’s not so “Afar” anymore. I’m gonna try to keep it that way. :slight_smile:

And I’m damn sorry I didn’t get to meet you at the Raleigh Dopefest last month. Hugs across the miles…

** FunkDaddy:**This is where many men make a mistake. Flowers are not about you. Flowers are about what some of us girls really like.
** Hardygrrl:**Like my friend Carla said, if you want a man who brings you flowers, date a man who brings you flowers. I explained up, down and sideways to my former fiance how flowers make me happy, but he didn’t want to give me flowers. It didn’t * feel * right to him. If I had married him, I wouldn’t be getting roses from my SO who brought over a dozen on Saturday night just because. I said “Thank you”.I’m still a little sore from from his “You’re welcome”.

Handy…please, it takes male human sex organs to get me frisky-it’s nthe idea of the flowers-that somenone thought of me and bought me something pretty ::sigh::

Hijack-I did get a major ego boost today though…I was talking to my friend Art about the online guy…

direct quote: You’re a beautiful and amazing woman and if he can’t see that HE’S the yutz, not you. Screw him! If I didn’t have a girlfriend I’d be all over you.

::blushes and grins::

Too bad I still feel the same but it’ll fade I guess :frowning:
Thanks to everyone here who has posted. It’s good to know there ARE guys like that out there…gives me hope :slight_smile:

And to those w/ the virtual flowers,cards and sweet words…

THANK YOU!!!

Hey, I have a few experts here - please settle an argument.

You are in a sidewalk cafe type place. Two couples are at a table - a married couple, and two on a date. A girl comes along selling flowers for a few dollars. Approaches married guy first. Married man buys some for his wife. Isn't the single guy pretty much required to buy his date flowers too? Maybe he would've if they were alone, because he was a romantic. Maybe he would occasionally "just because". A friend said they thought him buying her flowers in that instance was "romantic". Maybe he is. Maybe it was an impulse, to make her smile. Maybe he felt he had to. I just said not buying was not an option, and his reasons could be questioned. Likewise, if married guy DOESN'T buy, single guy makes HIM look bad if SG buys, unless there is a minor occasion (B'day, etc). Opinions?