Harry Potter 7 hacked? Or marketting ploy?

Scholastic didissue a reply. They won’t affirm or deny (probably for reasons Arnold gave). But they did say there’s a lot of junk flying around the internet and to consider this one more theory.

I acquired a copy of what is purported to be HPDH a couple of months ago–the length is what I’d expect of the real thing and the initial chapter or so that I read is very consistent with Rowling’s style, in short it might very well be a leaked copy, especially considering the source I acquired it from. I refuse to read it because doing so would spoil the fun. I’m keeping it, though, to compare with the real one when it comes out just to see if I could have read it months early…

I heard from this guy who knew this guy who knows this guy that:

Everyone dies when an asteroid hits the earth.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Age of consent in the U.K. is 16. That covers (hur hur) Hermoine, and Ginny too by the end of HP7.

Is this the chapter you read? That’s the first chapter of a fanfic that somebody(not the author of the fic) claimed to be the seventh book.
ETA:

Ginny will actually turn 16 in the first couple of chapters. Her birthday’s in August(the 12th IIRC).

Lovely for all of them, but since I can lose my license for “moral turpitude,” I’ll err on the side of caution if I ever have the opportunity to get it on with a fictional character.

No, no, I know the real answer:

[SPOILER]Harry’s been a ghost all along!

Or R.A.B. is the name of Harry’s sled. I forget which.[/SPOILER]

Nope, the one I have is significantly different from that one–which I also got bundled with the one that might be real. There was some other stuff in the bundle which was completely obvious garbage–but the one rang pretty real.

Eh, I’ll know in a month or so!

Lupin is cool–oops, never mind. Next time I’ll read for content…<sigh>

Well, I heard that Voldemort was really Harry’s father. Hermione is his sister and Ron gets frozen in time.
R.A.B., is indeed a sled.

Or

The whole thing was imagined by one of Neville’s parents.