Has anyone ever gotten a new car....

…from this website?

http://www.myfreecar.com

I’ve heard a few things about it on the local news, and even seen a few of them driving around. But I don’t know anyone who has actually received one. Anyone?

Sounds like a good deal. I can’t imagine anybody wrapping their own car, though.

I did fill out the application for a new one, though.

Yeah I agree, I can’t see wrapping your new car in that crap, but if they’re going to give me a new one for two years and all I have to do is put that on there, I’d do it.

I don’t know if anyone else saw this, but if you look at some of the fine print, you have to get your auto insurance for the car through them. They say it’s about the same price as other insurace companies, but since you’d have to get the car to find out how much it’s going to cost you, it’s hard to be sure. The fine print also mentions they can and will distribute the information they get from you will be “shared by us with our corporate affiliates, agents, vendors and others to help process or complete a transaction; to comply with any law, regulation, audit or court order; to help improve our website or the products or services we offer; for research; to better understand our customers’ needs; to develop new offerings; and to alert you to new products and services in which you may be interested.” (read: we’re going to sell your information to junk mailers)

Other then those two little catches, it doesn’t look so bad though.

It sounds to me like an attempt to build mailing lists for sale. EVERYONE who registers must disclose a raft of private information, which can be used for any purpose including telling you about “exciting offers” (i.e, junk mail). But you only get a car if you are “chosen,” by factors that are not disclosed and by an undisclosed advertiser. But maybe I’m just suspicious.