I’ve had it a few days so far, and I’ve been taking my time getting acquainted, I guess you could say. Just today I discovered that the initial system update I performed upon unboxing didn’t bring me all the way up to the current OS for some reason. For extra annoyance, I had to update the thing like 5 separate times instead of just going straight to the current version. That fixed a few annoyances but added one or two more.
Overall, I quite like the device so far, and I’m leaning toward keeping it, but I need to tweak it just a little to optimize it for my life.
For those who, like me, had not heard of this thing:
It’s a modern take on a dumb phone. You can talk on it, take pictures with it, use SMS texts, and that’s about it. It has a calendar app, but it’s unclear whether / how that would interface with an online e.g. Google calendar. There are a couple more minor apps / capabilities, but I’ve listed the biggies.
That’s a very interesting idea. I could see it having application for the screen-addicted, or the ADHD folks who struggle with staying on-task while their smartphone AKA distraction machine is sitting close to hand.
That’s the basic idea… I was feeling like I was on my phone too much, and this has definitely helped me reduce my usage so far. I considered buying a flip phone like the Light Flip, but this seems like a good middle ground. Mostly it’s just a phone, but typing out text messages is definitely easier on it than it would be on a flip phone.