Has anyone provided proof the election was stolen?

The reason people believe it is that the biggest liar in the known universe, a man who deliberately spent the last 5 years discrediting the media and law enforcement, told a bold-faced lie to the American people and claimed fraud with absolutely no evidence.

There is no other reason. No evidence.

Or how 96,000 ballots would fit in a dog kennel. Maybe the dog’s name was Comet and the kennel had a basement.

Trump said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.

I particularly like the Lou Dobbs view on this: (I have seen the clip at least twice in different threads so I will not add it again)
“WE all know there is fraud in this election, and now it has been [X number of days or weeks] and still we can’t find the fraud. Where is the fraud, how have they hidden it so well? Etc.” It reminds me of the Bush Jr administration looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq all those years ago. At the time I was true “red” Republican believer and as time went on I got this sick feeling in my stomach that later proved to be correct – I got suckered.

But modern Republicans are too smart to get suckered like that. They keep sending the Nigerian Prince the funds and their account and routing numbers waiting for that money to show up. (Hey! I think we finally know who has been replying to those e-mails!!)

Premise 7: Phoenix is the fifth largest city by population and our metro area is at least a hundred miles square. While a hundred square miles is a large area for a city, it is a small area compared to the rest of the state. It would fit in the Grand Canyon, and about a dozen other rural places with hardly any population at all. People back East never realize how open the West is. There is not a little town every five or ten miles miles down every road ever. Nevada is almost completely empty of people except in the Vegas area with a few up near Tahoe/Reno. Between Flagstaff/Williams and Kingman on I-40, there is a whole lot of nothing. I almost bought land in Seligman once, until I realized it had a population of less than the number of people who have been to the moon! A big swath of red doesn’t mean that much.

North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, and Oklahoma have nineteen (19) electoral votes between them, Pennsylvania has twenty (20) and has a much smaller area. Ohio has eighteen (18) electoral votes while Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska have fifteen (15) combined-- guess which has more area? That is a little like saying my 1968 Dodge Dart has four tires so it must be twice as valuable as any brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle which only has two wheels. (Sorry for belaboring the point, but I mostly talk and interact with these Trump supporting “individuals” and that is how I have to express ideas if I want them to understand)

From a podium and from a position of power, behind a seal we once all respected. That is why the phase “abuse of power” was coined.

If I did not have the Straight Dope to keep me sane, I might begin to believe the lie that I am surrounded by constantly. My grateful thanks to all the Dopers who have informed me beyond the borders of my small, little corner of the world. If the US survives this time, I am sure I will look back on this time and you people as the ones I served with during the big [??] . . . time of the insurrectionists ?

The only one confirmed that I know of is after an investigation prompted by the trump team one vote was found to be cast fraudulently, some dude, who was a Trump supporter, cast a vote on behalf of his recently deceased mother using a write in ballot. That however did not change the election as Trump lost fair and square.

In their minds, even if the election wasn’t stolen, their country was, so in a way, the election really was stolen from their point of view; they just need to keep digging until they find a way to determine just how.

In their minds, progressives are people who have found ways to subvert the Constitution. Liberal politicians have increased by using welfare to “buy” poor Black and Hispanic voters. Liberals have also expanded their power by allowing legal and illegal immigrants to enter the country, who then reward Democrats with their political allegiance. For conservatives who believe this, it’s not at all a stretch to assume that the Democrats must have found a clever way to disguise illegal voting schemes, or that they somehow teamed up with ‘librul’ Silicon Valley wizards to hack voting machines.

Conservatives don’t need proof that the election was stolen because their country was already taken from them without their permission, which is the real crime they want to discuss. They probably realize that the voting data shows that they have been outvoted, but they were outvoted by “illegitimate” people, who have changed their country without their permission.

Actually, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman of Pennsylvania has claimed the reward for three cases of voter fraud found in his state. Of course, Dipshit Patrick won’t be paying up anytime soon as those are all cases of voters casting fraudulent votes for DJT.

This right here is the main difference between Republicans and Democrats. The Republicans think that If even one person abuses a program or service, or I guess in this case a right, then we should not offer it all. The Democrats on the other hand tend to think, even though someone might abuse a right, it still is benefits more people if it is available to everyone. To Republicans then, as long as it can be shown that someone did something wrong, then it means the whole idea is wrong and should not be trusted.

//i\\

You should try US-93 between Kingman and Hoover Dam. On the way to Burning Man I was taking a couple who’d never taken that route before. At one point I told them, “Get ready!” and the road made a fifteen degree turn to the left. “Wait! There’s more!” and a half-mile later the road made a fifteen degree turn to the right, getting back on the original heading. "That’s it – the most interesting part on this leg until we get to the dam.

As the meme says, “Land doesn’t vote – people do.”

I am starting to accept the idea that everyone, including the majority of Republicans, know the election was not stolen and Biden won, fair and square (except for a few hapless dipsticks). However, the Republican propaganda machine, and Trump, want to keep energy behind the Big Lie, because they think it will always mark Biden’s win with an asterisk (that the election was “disputed”, as-if!), and by perpetuating the idea that the integrity of elections is questionable (unless they win, of course), they can clear the way to push their agenda of implementing various voter restrictions (targeted at traditional Democratic voting blocs). By Trump not accepting the election results, the discussion can continue.

I mean, it’s not like the GOP has any other agenda to work on that helps anyone.

But that’s the thing with Trump - he also complained that the 2016 election - the one he won - was marred by voter fraud. He even had a committee to investigate it!

The rule is, “If we lost, it’s because they cheated, and if we won, we would have won by even more if they hadn’t cheated!”

The Republicans haven’t been able to win a majority of votes since Reagan.

So they need to:

1. Abandon plans for wielding political power.
  2. Change their principles to something that a majority likes.
  3. Dismiss the validity of election results.

The modern Republican party has chosen the third path. And it’s not just Trump.

2004?

Correct, George W. Bush beat John Kerry in the popular vote to the tune of 62,040,610-59,028,444. He won by slightly more than 3 million votes, and received 51% of the popular vote (if my simple math is correct).

Not overwhelming but a win nonetheless.

I don’t want to sidetrack the thread and reopen an old debate. So I’ll just say there is an open question over whether the 2004 election results accurately reflected the votes that were cast.

Then why bother mentioning it?!

I wasn’t the one who mentioned it.

You most certainly did bring up the claim of 2004 voter fraud.

And what “open question” is that?

The one I posted; whether the election results accurately reflected the votes that were cast.

That said, I don’t want to sidetrack this thread with any further discussion of this issue. I’ll join in if somebody wants to start a separate thread.