Have all 50 states housed a sitcom?

Or Smallville.

I don’t recall that they ever came right out and mentioned either Springfield or Chicago on Green Acres, but I have to agree – I’ve always had the impression that they were in Illinois somewhere.

That’s funny (odd, not humorous). I didn’t recall the first-episode itinerary, so I always thought it was somewhere in New York. I suppose there are places in southern Illinois that are pretty hick, but Illinois, in general, is not really bucolic enough (in my mind, at least) to serve as the location. Indiana, on the other hand…

Gotta be a sitcom, though.

“Murder, She Wrote” was in Maine

Sitcom?

I did! I was hoping no one named it!

Not sure if “Dukes of Hazzard” is technically a sitcom, but could it have been in Kentucky?

I had to double check to make sure the OP list included Carter Country (with the best Jerry Falwell-impressionist as the Mayor).

Georgia.

Dunno if it’s been mentioned yet, but The Ghost and Mrs. Muir was a sitcom set (IIRC) in Maine.

:smack:

Even better, F-Troop. (Kansas Territory)

Wasn’t the Cosby Show in Baltimore? That’d be a lot better pick for Maryland than whatever it is on the list now.

And if you want to really, really stretch, you could probably say that Yogi Bear was set in Wyoming. If you wanted to stretch even further, you could say that it was Montana or Idaho.

Where was Twin Peaks set, and does it count as a sitcom?

Manhattan.

Nope–Brooklyn Heights.
Twin Peaks was in Washington (according to the directions in the first episode, it would be about where Metaline Falls is).
The New Dick Van Dyke show–they lived in Carefree because that’s where DVD was living at the time. His character hosted a TV show in Phoenix (it was moved to LA for the second season).

Twin Peaks was a sitcom? Man, the things you can learn from DVD commentaries! :slight_smile:

Twin Peaks was set in Washington State although we do have a mountain town called Twin Peaks (that had some similarities with the town in the show which now I can’t remember) only a scant 20 miles from my house as the raven (crow) flies.

Alabama: if you can count select episodes, the Francis plotline on Malcolm in the Middle attended a military school in Alabama for a season. (It had one of the show’s funniest moments [“Pray-the-gay-AWAY!”.)

And it was actually filmed in Snoqualmie, Wash.

As an aside, Northern Exposure, set in the fictional town of Cicely, Alaska, was filmed in Rosslyn, Wash. (The “Rosslyn Cafe” mural was repainted to read “Rosslyn’s Cafe” for the show.)