Have you ever been Pitted?

You’re lucky people like butter, mister. Buttered peas are also quite nice.

Some day, someone might just decide to butter your pea, and then…

Time for me to stop talking it seems. I’m going to eat some bacon to feel more manly.

Nope.

Closest I got was being chosen to be killed in the mafia games.

::blushes:: Yes, that was quite the rollercoaster. Myself, I have never been pitted, although I do quite a good enough job at having my own pit threads backfire. I’m not blaming anyone except myself, but hey that’s just the facts of the matter.

Yeah, once. I shared it with another poster and it was a really dumb Pitting by a world champion in the event of Missing The Point.

Once, in early 2001.

Possibly the most boring Pit thread ever. It consisted of maybe 7 posts - three from the Pitter, three from me and one from some random Doper asking what the hell we were talking about.

Not yet, but having a thread like this makes the devil in me want to post something blatantly inflamatory here (for instance, involving the n-word) just to see if I could whoosh anyone.

Fortunately, I’m at least a full 1/4th of an inch past that level of immaturity. :wink:

No- wouldn’t worry me if I was anyway.

Yes. Twice that I know of.

I consider it neither a badge of honor nor disgrace. I care not a whit.

Once that I know of. I rarely go into the Pit. I just can’t manufacture that much hate/vitriol/gumption to post there.

The few times I’ve been there, I’ve been impressed at exactly how much some people care about some things.

Once. Someone decided to take a joking aside I made as a) serious and b) directed at him personally. :rolleyes:

Nope, I don’t think I really make enough impact anyone’s lives here to warrant that kind of vitriol.

No, I haven’t, but, slight hijack, we should all have a day where we just explode at each other based on outrageous lies. Kind of the thread George Kaplin, I think, did in MPSIMS, but this would be a full on pitting.

Five or six times, IIRC. Surprisingly low, considering how different my political views are as compared to most of the Dope.

:shrugs:

Obviously, my positions are unassailable. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shodan

Once, by a Belgian who was doing it as part of a spectacular flameout that led to his banning. It was interesting to see how the Board was about 2/3 on my side, 1/3 on his.

I was pitted once by a guest (sock/troll) and before I could submit my reply someone posted to my defense and additionally the mods disappeared the guest and thread into the wheat fields.

The thread lasted under 1/2 hour. I think it had only one reply and I cannot for the life of me remember the guests name or the one poster who posted a rebuttal. It may have been Hentor, in which case, I never got to thank him. So whether it was **Hentor ** or someone else, thank you.

This does indicate that some of us may have been pitted other times and never even known about it. I guess this is similar to the “if a tree falls in the woods …” concept.

I have started four pittings, three, I believe well deserved and one that was woefully lame. I additionally started one pit thread in praise of SkipMagic.

Jim

Not that I’m aware. But it could have happened since I don’t go to the pit much.

OTOH most of my posts are rather innocuous, so I can’t see too many people getting all worked up over me.

At least 16 times.

Twice humorously but never seriously. I don’t understand it since I’m such a bitch-- and I’ve been here so long. Surely ONE of my ten thousand or so posts has rubbed at least ONE person the wrong way.

Ah, now that I see my post and my count, the reason is clear. I do not have ten thousand posts. That explains it.

Once, that I know of. I don’t check the pit very often and i don’t do vanity searches. So, I guess, there could have been more, and I didn’t know.

You can’t please everyone, sometimes you can’t please anyone!

Not to my knowledge.

This could be because:

1. I’m so nice! :slight_smile:

2. My positions on everything are so obviously correct! :slight_smile:

3. I haven’t made much of an impact. :frowning:

I prefer to believe it is (1) and (2), but fear it may well be (3). :smiley: