Have you ever been Pitted?

Once - I asked for opinions on whether I should alert the cops to my suspicions that the people across the street were drug dealers, and it blew up into this huge thing.

Nope, but once someone apologized to me in the Pit for being an asshole in another thread. I practically had a heart attack when I opened the Pit and saw my name in a thread title.

Someone did once tell me to eat rat poison and die in another forum, though, IIRC. Probably the one and only time anything I’ve ever said had that kind of effect. (The person, whoever it was as I now forget, got a warning.)

Oh and I’ve pitted plenty of posters. I don’t know how many since I didn’t keep count.

I really am puzzled by my non-pitness. Many lovely, nice, polite, sweet, non-confrontational posters have been called out. Now I’m all jealous.

Not to my knowledge anyways. I hope I never do get pitted. I try to be nice–every once in a while I might write something less-than-polite in the Pit, but usually nobody notices because they are too pissed off at someone else to care. And I’m okay with that. I don’t love confrontation.

I was, once.

In IMHO, I said “Organized religion is like organized crime.” That was my opinion, and I still firmly believe I am entitled to state it if I wish. But someone yelled at me for it, I got snippy right back, and I was soon in the Pit.

The funny thing was, at the time I didn’t know about the “New Posts” button and wasn’t visiting the Pit much. The damn thing got to three pages with most people defending me and a few scolding me for getting snippy in IMHO, before I noticed it.

I came in on page 3, explained myself, apologized for being snippy in IMHO, and the whole thing died down.

I don’t remember how many I’ve started. I can’t recall the last time I started a Pit thread. It’s been a while. I find it doesn’t really help whatever’s pent-up inside you, and I’ve sort of got to a state of Zen these days about most things. Helps that I’ve grown a thicker skin.

I may be the most boring Doper ever. I’ve never been pitted, never gotten a warning (even an unofficial slap on the wrist) from a Mod. I think I started a thread in the wrong forum once and someone moved it for me. . .that’s the most official attention I ever received here. :wink:

No, actually, the closest I’ve come is several years back when iamphunha started a Pit thread on my behalf. He was gentleman enough to drag a (no longer active) Doper into the Pit for being an asshole to me at a time when I was very emotionally vulnerable.

I was touched.

Nope. I did, however, post a snarky comment in a thread and was called a dick shortly after posting.

I’ve been threatened with a pitting once, which pissed me off - so I started my own pit thread against that poster.

Turns out it was a bit of a mistunderstading and a bit of the other poster having a shitty day. It got all squishy and apologetic.

I don’t think I have. Been <other place>pitted a couple of times, but obviously that’s good for more of a laugh and a pitying pat on the head for the OP than anything else.

I haven’t been pitted, and I think my posts are pretty uncontroversial so I doubt I’ll be pitted anytime soon. In a way it’s too bad, because I’m still waiting for the thread called

I pit E., the fool

Never been pitted.

Never pitted anyone.

Never received a Mod warning.

I check out the Pit every day and will even throw my two cents into a thread if I deem it necessary. I don’t think I piss anyone off enough for them to want to pit me, though.

When the time finally comes and I’m called front and center, I want the pitter to be a board heavyweight such as Airman Doors, USAF or Bricker and it better be a pitting of legendary proportions. :smiley:

Once that I know of–by one of the current mods who wasn’t a mod at a the time. It was all over Buffy the Vampire Slayer spoilers, and honestly, it was probably the lamest thread the Pit has ever seen. I don’t recall it coming too much.

Now, I have been involved in some Pit threads that got very heated and very mean very fast. But that was a long, long time ago.

E. Thorp you just need to be pitted for that horrible horrible joke.

Many times. Some people find the truth of my gospel far too painful.
Somehow I managed to get over it.

I got pitted once over some crude remark in another thread. I’ve started far more lame pit threads than I’ve been pitted.

Never been pitted; never pitted anyone here. About the most negative attention I’ve ever received was a :dubious: the other day with regard to one of my posts. I’m not bothered by criticism, and although it’s hard to imagine me riling someone up enough to warrant a pitting, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it if I’d really pissed someone off that badly.

I keep trying to remind people here how much I loathe chocolate in the hopes that someone will become indignant and turn on me, but it hasn’t happened yet. :smiley:

Maybe I’ll get pitted more than I thought – horrible jokes are my stock in trade. :slight_smile:

Once for real ( plus a couple of fake ones - one jokey, the other actually a pitting of someone else ) over a misunderstanding over a phrase casually thrown out in different Pit thread.

I’m touched that you remember. And thanks for detecting the barest shadow. It’s more than I deserved. :slight_smile:

Never been Pitted myself.

Maybe. I dunno. I’ve never Pitted anyone else, and never look in the Pit.