Have you ever been to towns with the same name in different countries?

San Jose, California and San Jose, Costa Rica

Oooh, lots.

Niagara Falls, Ontario; Da Falls, down the road here
Oxford, OH (applied for job there); Oxford, UK (lived there for seven years)
York, PA (lived there for a few months); York, UK (spent a lot of time there)
Manchester, PA (near York); Manchester, UK
Chester, PA; Chester, UK
Scarborough, Ontario; Scarborough, UK
London, Ontario; London, UK
Hamilton, OH; Hamilton, Ontario
Mansfield, OH; Mansfield, UK

Close enough:
Naperville, IL; Napierville, Quebec

I was told when visiting Islay that there had been a massive campaign by the authorities to depopulate the Scottish islands resulting in a decrease in population from 23.000 in the early/mid 1800s to 3.500 today.

And, should I add, I have also visited both York and New York.

I’ve been to Dublin, OH and I live in Dublin, Ireland. Dublin, OH wasn’t bad.

The only one I can think of for sure is Freeport, Bahamas and Freeport, Illinois.
If you count just driving through, I’ve spent time in Morris, IL and drove through Morris, Manitoba. Been to Vancouver, BC and drove through Vancouver, WA.

I’ve been to Paris, France, but to my recollection have never been in any of the US towns called Paris.

The two Vancouvers
The two Niagra Falls
Moscow, ID and Moscow, USSR (at the time)

Windsor, Ontario, and Windsor, VA.

But at least you have bluebirds.

I’ve been in Camden Town (in greater London) and driven through (ugh) Camden NJ innumerable times. London, ON and London England. Ontario, CA and an Ontario…somewhere else (well it’s not a city). Manchester, England and driven through Manchester, NH (in fact I will drive through it again next week on my way down to Boston).

Off the thread, but my wife was partly raised in Salem, NJ, a small town SW (yes, SW) of Philly and claims that there are 46 Salems in the US alone.

Praha, TX and Praha, Czech Republic (Praha is the Czech name for Prague)

I’m going to be in York in a couple of weeks. The last time I travelled it was to NEW York. Via New York, of course.

I’ve been to Kansas City, KS, and Kansas City, MO, but that’s probably not very impressive.

I used to go to school in Ontario, which is just south of Lake Ontario, which is south of Ontario.

Darryl Lict, I’ve never been to any of those places, though I’ve spent time in Naples and live in Brighton.

Don’t miss the railway museum.

I’m from England and I lived in New England, so the answer is “dozens”.

The weirdest one for me was Glastonbury. In England it’s said “GLAS-tun-bry”, in the US it’s “GLAS-tun-BERRY”.

Yeah, but it’s Woostah in both places.

Does this mean Bangkok? I’ve been there and L.A. also.

I forgot that one, I’ve been to both.

I’ve only been to one Hamilton, but that was in Bermuda.

Forgot that one, but I’ve only been in the airport in San Jose, Costa Rica, but have lived in San Jose. I guess that means that I’ve been to airports in two San Jose’s.

And I forgot La Paz, Mexico and La Paz, Bolivia.

Indeed. I’ve been to New London in New Hampshire. I’ve also been to London, England. And Hampshire, for that matter.

I’ve been in both Aberdeen, WA and Aberdeen, SK. At least Aberdeen, WA had a JC Penney.

I initially read that as “at the same time”, which would’ve been really cool/impressive! :p:D
I’ve been to over 30 different countries, including travelling round quite a bit of both Australia and the US, and blowed if I can think of one single example to include in this listing. :frowning:

I’ve been to:

London, Pennsylvania and London, England
Strabane, Pennsylvania and Stabane, Northern Ireland
Cookstown, NJ and Cookstown, Northern Ireland
Ardmore, PA and Ardmore, Northern Ireland

London, UK, and New London, CT.

Nassau Island, Bahamas, and Nassau County, NY

Both Niagara Falls.