How many North American states/provinces have you been to?

Inspired by the “I’ve been everywhere” thread in MPSIMS. AFAIK only Mexico, Canada and the US apply, though if any other North American countries have states or provinces I’ll gladly oblige. In the spirit of inclusiveness, federal districts (Mexico City and Washington, DC) and US territories count.

Me?

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, Minnesota, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, DC, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania. 26. Never been to any country other than the US or Israel.

Bonus question: How many states/provinces/etc. have you lived in? For me, it’s just four (Maryland, Arizona, California and Texas).

I’ve been to Ontario, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, DC, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois during 5 holidays since 1999.

I’ve never lived anywhere in North America.

My intended future destinations within the US are Ohio (again), Québec, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Massachusetts. Oh yeah Texas too, wanna see what all the fuss is about. :slight_smile:

I’ve been to all 10 provinces - I set this as a challenge for myself one year, and consider it a point of pride (probably more than I should!).

I’ve also been to Washington state, New York, New Jersey, Conneticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. I’m all over New England, baby!

Been to: Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, DC, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virgina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, California, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Kansas, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana in the United States

Mexico. Baja California Norte and Chihuahua.

Lived. Ohio, Indiana, Arizona, California, Florida, Texas. Born in Tennessee, but left there as a baby. Spent the summer after college in Oregon.

United States: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia (28)

Lived in Alabama, Oregon, Nebraska, and Tennessee

Mexico: Chihuahua

Canada: Québec

States I’ve not been to will be easier to list.

Oregon, [del]Florida[/del] that’s not true, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Mexico (not that I remember, anyway). Oh, and Alaska and Hawaii. Dur.

I drove up to Ontario once because I was bored. I was still bored. But I got a Kinder egg!

Oops. Lived in TX for a bit when I was a kid, live in MN now.

Been to: Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Texas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey. That’s 27.

Mexico: Baja California Norte.

Canada: British Columbia.

Lived in: California, Washington, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico.

Been to:

Canada: All 10 provinces, plus the NWT. Lived in Ontario and Alberta.

USA: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, California, Washington, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, and D.C.

Mexico: Never been.

Been to every state but Florida, Mississippi and Hawaii. Been to Yukon Territory, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec. Been to Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, and Monterrey.

silenus, in your extensive travels, where have you found the best beer in North America?

Been in every U.S. state except Hawaii. Actually when was in Alaska it was still a Territory, does that still count?

Also Mexico a couple of times and in Canada, been in PEI, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and Yukon Territory.

Not counting where was stationed in the Army, lived in NYC, upstate New York, MA, CT, VT, CA and Japan.

For some reason, now not all that anxious to travel any more. :smiley:

I have been to 30 states plus the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Washington DC

* Alabama
* Arkansas
* California
* Connecticut
* Delaware
* Florida
* Georgia
* Hawaii
* Illinois
* Indiana
* Kentucky
* Louisiana
* Maine
* Maryland
* Massachusetts
* Mississippi
* Missouri
* New Hampshire
* New Jersey
* New York
* North Carolina
* Ohio
* Oklahoma
* Pennsylvania
* Rhode Island
* South Carolina
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Vermont
* Virginia
* West Virginia

Canada: I have been to Ontario and Quebec

Mexico: I went to whatever state Puerto Vallarta is in.

I have lived in Louisiana, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.

Every contiguous US state apart from Rhode Island.

Fuck Rhode Island.

Lessee…

Grew up in Ohio.

My recent road trip took me through Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missourah, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California. Many of those were passing through, but I’m gonna count 'em anyway.

Been through Pennsylvania, New York, Jersey, Maryland, D.C., West Virginia, Virginia,
Kentucky, Tennessee.

Flew to Florida and Maine.

Oh, and Ontario.

I’ve only lived in Ohio and Michigan. Don’t think I’ll ever get around to that whole Idaho/Montana/Dakotas/Wyoming chunk.

Define, please. Best single beer? Best selection of beers? Best “beer that fit my mood at the moment?”

Overall, I have found the best selection of various brews from around the country and world to be right here in SoCal. Plentiful supplies of the World’s Best Beer, lots of fresh World’s Second Best Beer, along with lots of good other brews, and they sell at a pace that generally means you are getting fresh beer, not some over-the-hill dreck that’s been sitting in a half-empty keg for a month.

That’s pretty impressive. How did an Englishperson like yourself pull that off? I doubt that I ever will and I travel a lot. I have been to Rhode Island though so I guess I am superior in a tiny way.

Alaska, Oregon, Washington, CA, ID, MT, WY, AZ, UT, Nebraska, Iowa, ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, IL, OH, PA, NY, MA, RI, VA, WDC, GA, FL, LA, TX, Indiana, NH, NV, HI, WVA. That’s 33, which is respectable.

Canada: NWT (drove to Inuvik!), YT, BC, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec.

Lived in AK, WA, CA, ID, MA, VA, WDC. Plan to live in OR soon.

In Canada: Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia.

In the US: New York, California and Florida.

I’ve done the majority of my living in ON and FL, but stayed for about a month in BC and NY.

Lived in 5 states. Been in almost 30.

Rode the motorcycle on most of the east coast, 18 states + Ontario. That’s my benchmark. Went past the welcome to Maine sign did a U-turn and went back, just to cross it off the list.

On a motorcycle Ron Ayres is my hero:

from here.

I’ve been to all 50 states (plus Washington DC) and all 10 Canadian provinces (and I can say I’ve not only been to “Newfoundland and Labrador”, but I’ve been to Newfoundland and Labrador). Haven’t been to Mexico yet.