Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity?

In the US, I’ve rarely if ever been told that I look like a celebrity. When I lived in Japan I was told I looked like Drew Barrymore a number of times, and Uma Thurman once, but since literally no one ever in the US has compared me to these actresses I think it was just an “all white women look the same” thing.

A friend recently told me that Miranda Hart on Call the Midwife always reminded her of me, and while I’d prefer to believe I look like Uma Thurman, Miranda Hart is probably a lot closer to reality.

Kim Bassinger and Darryl Hannah, when both they and I were younger.

I haven’t been told I resemble anyone famous, but I DO use this idea as an ice-breaker/pick-up line sometimes. It doesn’t work unless there is a genuine resemblance and I rarely, if ever, mention currently hugely famous women. No “Beyonce” or “Jennifer Lawrence”. Think “Eva Marie Saint” or “Jean Shrimpton” --something that makes them want to go to Google images. The last three times I employed this technique, I mentioned the names, “Jami Gertz”, “Molly Ringwald”, and “Iman”. Very silly, I know, but darnit, I want to be a "playa, too! Is that so wrong?..

1. Younger, skinnier me: Andrea Bocelli
  2. Skinnier, no facial hair me: Mr. Bean
  3. Me, now: Jack Black.

This question gets asked a lot. There was another recent thread.

In my 30s, people told me I looked like Harrison Ford when I took off my glasses, but I don’t think that’s true anymore now that I’m in my late 50s.

When my father was older he resembled an older Jack Lemmon, but as young men the two looked nothing like each other.

I’ve been told a couple of times I look like David Gilmour.

The celebrities I supposedly look like are all ridiculous and range from Vin Diesel to Pauly Shore. WTF.

When I had long hair (I’m a dude, and used to have hair down to my nipples), I was often compared to either Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp. The fact that Pirates of the Caribbean was in theaters around this time (with their long locked leads) probably helped with that.

I never thought I looked much like either, and I don’t think those two look much like each other, so I figured people are just crazy.

Haven’t gotten any comparisons since I cut my hair.

A woman I was stationed with thought I looked like Richard Dreyfus. Or Richard Benjamin. She wasn’t sure what his name was.

Many years ago, with short hair, people said I looked like Paul McCartney. Strangely, with long hair, they said George Harrison. :confused:

That’s funny, 'cause that is how I’ve always pictured you. With a lab coat.

In college, they called me Serpico.

There is a picture of a middle aged (Pre TJ Hooker, Post Star Trek) William Shatner that looks identical to what I looked like in my late twenties (had just quit smoking). I now am way older and fatter, so, basically I look worse than middle aged William Shatner. Fuuuuuu
For reference, this is not the picture, but its pretty close, note the early stage bloating.

For most of my life, with great frequency, it has been pointed out to me that I look like John Cusack. And it’s true. It’s borderline uncanny, actually.

When both she and I were younger, I looked a bit like Elizabeth Shue. Sadly (for me) now that we’re both older, the resemblance is gone. She is still lovely.

Most recently, I was told that I looked like the actor Christopher Walken.

The original version or the current one? :smiley: As an aside, when I think of God talking, I want him to sound like Chris.

Walken in interviews has said people keep coming up to him and saying he looks like someone they served time with in prison. I don’t suppose you get any of that too?

He would make the best movie God ever. Someone should make this happen! :slight_smile:

He has a few decades on me…but I’m not too sure. :frowning:

Most frequently, I’ve been told I look like John Lennon, yet once someone said I looked like Paul McCartney. :confused:

My cellmate’s never mentioned it. :smiley:

Well, back in the day, Mr. Walken was quite hot. You could be good to go, though, no matter which end you’re at. It all depends on the age of the admirer.