Have you ever heard of Brent Simon/nerdpunk?

I have a friend named Brent who was, for a short while, “famous on the Internet.” He was “famous” enough to be flown out to LA to appear on Jimmy Kimmel’s show as part of his “Future Talent Showcase.”

Over the past couple of years we’ve heard from people who are REALLY into him and his music (even though he’s not extremely talented in the art of making music) from all over the place. For example, one of his friends who goes to Stanford worked with a guy who was “into” Brent and was just ecstatic to find out that one of his co-workers was an actual friend of Brent.

In October, some group is flying him to Barcelona to participate in and present an award at an awards show called The Oxcars. It’s been more than a year since Brent did anything with his music but apparently this group still thinks he’s worthy of their time and money.

Here’s Brent’s story from the guy who helped make him “famous.” It includes links to some of his “viral videos” and music.

I’m curious to see if any Dopers know of him. I’m blown away at the amount of attention he’s received. So is he :slight_smile:

I am not looking for critique of his music, of course. It’s evident to him and to me what his level of musicianship is. Keep in mind he’s a very good friend before you start to slam him. I just want to know if he is as known as he appears to be.

Hmm. Don’t know this guy - but I discovered MC Hawking a while ago and totally dig that nerdcore.

I’ll watch/listen if I get a shot soon!

I’ve never heard of him, but I don’t pay much attention to that kind of thing.

Name’s not the least bit familiar.