Have you ever sat in the front row at a movie theater?

For Titanic, because they were the last two seats together despite being about 20 minutes before it started. It wasn’t as fun as usual, but it didn’t leave us sick or sore.

I read half a page and gave up. Most people seemed to side with the asshole latecomers who wanted her to move. Assholes get away with being assholes because people don’t stand up to them (and others enable them). Good for mademoiselle.

Why, thank you. :slight_smile:

Once, for Bend It Like Beckham. I don’t remember it being too awful, but that isn’t a movie with a lot of special effects and crazy action scenes.

Devastator and Tantive IV respectively.

I haven’t been a Star Wars fangirl in years, yet my brain retains all that crap… Still, reciting the seven forms of lightsaber combat got me a date once.

Nope, I’ve never sat up front. I always prefer to have my back to a wall whenever possible, or at least no people behind me, so I go for the last row.

You know, a side correlation to this thread is whether or not you set close, but not in the very front, and how that worked out for you. For me, I’ve set within rows 3 to 7 and wasn’t faxed by it. Still not my favorite, but definitely no big deal.

I used to work in a cinema, so I’ve sat just about everywhere. Front row centre is generally watchable in most decent cinemas, but the sides are invariably awful.

We ended up in the front row for Minority Report – there was way too much of that action tracking stuff in that movie, gave me a headache, exacerbated by seeing Tom Cruise’s face that big and close.

But we always sat in the back row for Rocky Horror, because it says to in the song.

Same here. It was … unpleasant.

1973, for the opening week of American Graffiti in Westwood, CA. Got there a little late, the only two seats together were in the front row, at the far left corner. After a while though, you adjust to the distortion, and I enjoyed the movie.

I agree, faithfool. Row five isn’t at all the same experience as four row forward.

I saw that in the theater. It was so awesome I bought the soundtrack!

I sat in the front row of Avenue Q.

My younger niece had the lead in her high school musical, and to celebrate my brother bought tickets to Avenue Q. He contacted a friend who knew people in the box offices of every venue in town. She delivered the tickets on the day of the show, and my niece, my brother, his girlfriend and me didn’t examine them closely and assumed we’d all be sitting together. There were two pairs on the floor. My brother and his girlfriend sat in the center of the tenth row, and my niece and me sat dead center of the front row.

The show was hilarious, and I was laughing my ass off. Apparently, the people who normally sit in the front row didn’t find the show anywhere near as funny as I did, and after the show my brother bought her a signed poster from the puppeteer who did Trekkie Monster. He recognized me, and thanked me, that usually the people laughing are several rows back.

1. Front row.
  2. All the way to the very right.
  3. Dances with wolves.

A trifecta of suck.

Front left corner once, not by choice. Never again.

I watched Digby, the biggest dog in the world (a Disney movie that I’m sure I have screwed up the title) and the first Star Wars.

Star wars was an interesting view. There was nothing like seeing that imperial cruiser from the underbelly as it cruised slowly over you in the front row.

But I saw it again in a normal seat and it was much better.

I have a couple of times (not my choice) and it really wasn’t all that bad. Wouldn’t choose to myself. I usually head for 3rd to half of the way back/left section/aisle. Can’t ever remember sitting right section. And I’m left-handed. TMI? I could go on!

I can’t remember the movie, but it was a children’s movie. I went with my 5-year-old niece. When we were seated in the front row, she exclaimed: “Aren’t we lucky to have the best seats in the theatre?” Her pleasure made up for the kink in my neck.

That was over 20 years ago, so perhaps the experience is more pleasant now.

I’ve done it, but only when the theater was crowded. Not my preference. Off. To the side is worse for me than down front, though.

When I was a kid, my sisters and I went to see Jaws 3D and the theater was so packed that the only place that we could sit was in the front row. The 3D effects were awful from that angle and made the movie even worse. I tried standing in the back, but the usher shooed me forward.

I seem to recall sitting in the front when I saw the Aristocats when I was a kid also, but I may have been a row or so back. That wasn’t as bad.

More recenltly, we went to see the Ghostbusters at a local independant theater in October and my son wanted to sit up front, so we sat up front. It was a huge old fashioned theater with a stage jutting out, so the front row wasn’t pushed up towards the screen.