Have you ever seen an actor who never made a good film?

Opposite of this thread.

Who’s an actor you see their face or name and you instantly know that movie is going to be hot garbage?

Definition of “good film” I’ll leave up to individual posters.

Let’s say a minimum of 3 acting credits, since anyone can star in one shitty movie.

I’m talking Pauly Shore. I’ve enjoyed some of his movies, but “good film” is not a term I’d ever use to describe any of them.

Taylor Lautner. When the highlights of your career are The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D and Twilight, you didn’t exactly set Hollywood on fire. Lowlights would include Adam Sandler’s direct-to-Netflix The Ridiculous 6.

Kirk Cameron. Makes nothing but ludicrous right-wing Christian dreck.

I’m going to start the betting with Ashton Kucher. The Butterfly Effect was probably his highest-ranked movie (according to a few sources), but I consider it be pretty poor myself.

I did like him in 70s though.

C Thomas Howell. Soul Man had some redeeming qualities. That’s it.

Wasn’t he in blackface for that movie?

Yes, yes he was. It also had a cameo by James Earl Jones.

Rob Schneider.

For what it was, Deuce Bigalow was pretty good.

I liked Dude, Where’s My Car?. I thought it was very good at…whatever it was doing.

I guess we need to get the “actors” out of the way e.g. Neil Breen, Tommy Wiseau

Darn it, I’m coming up with actors, and then remembering ONE decent movie they were in. I sometimes watch a bad Steven Seagal “film” just for fun (fun as in “pick at that painful hangnail” fun). But I did like Under Seige…

Wait, these are separate people?

I’ll give you that. I didn’t care for it, but it got some respect.

I wanted to avoid the “easy tagets” (e.g., Seagal, et al.) and Kucher was the first person who came to mind when I though about actors making less-than-optimal choices in choosing movie roles/scripts/directors.

Gerard Butler.

I suppose Carrot Top is too easy a pick.

Jaden Smith. I feel a little bad listing him since he was probably pushed into acting at a young age, but everything he’s been in is absolute dreck.

How many movies did Tom Green make? Were any of them any good?

No, just no.

Also, I cite: 22%/42%

Personally I enjoyed Freddy Got Fingered, but no, I wouldn’t consider that or any of his other works for be “good films” in any way.

Dane Cook sprung to mind. God knows why, he’s mercifully dropped off the pop culture map, I think.

I second Rob Schneider. His two Stallone films were at least guilty pleasures, but they’re by no stretch of the imagination good.

There are plenty of SNL alum that could fall into this category. I’d say David Spade except Tommy Boy is actually pretty sweet, and he had a small role early in his career as a cokehead in Light Sleeper, which is one of my favorite films.

C Thomas Howell was fine in The Outsiders and that has a solid 7.0 rating on IMDB and 70% Critics in Rotten Tomatoes with a 82% Audience score.

He was in E.T. though not an important part of it.

OK, that’s all I have for him.

Ron Jeremy.

I generally have no use for Kutcher, in his roles or in real life. I didn’t like That 70’s Show.

But I do like No Strings Attached and I like Kutcher in that. `