Have you ever taken prescription medication for a mental health issue?

One pill, once. Definitely not the typical response, but I wanted to include it precisely because it’s not typical.

I had a bout of gastrenteritis which was clearly stress-related. Went to the doc to ask for medical leave. Doc insisted in giving me anti-anxiety meds. I said I didn’t see the need, all I needed was “bedrest and broth”. That’s what you think, I’m the doctor here damnit, take one of these before bed.

I slept like a log as usual, but instead of waking up awake I spent all day in a fuzz. I couldn’t focus on anything. I would be looking at the fork. There is food in the fork. Fork. Mouth. What am I supposed to do now? There is some kind of connection… somewhere…

No second pill, and I’m not taking anxiety meds again unless I’m tied to the bed.

I took an antidepressant for severe postpartum depression, and then a second course a few years later when clinical depression recurred. Not currently taking anything, although open to the possibility in the future if need arises.

I have – for depression/anxiety – more than once .:frowning:

Does alcohol count as “medication”? i guess it hasn’t been “prescribed” for me …