Have you voted yet?

Washington should include a sticker in their ballot package. But these days, who’s going to see a sticker even if I put one on?

You got me there.

Looks like a mesquite tree. I assume you mean that the line is long and moving slowly?

I got mine.

There was a pile of stickers next to the scanning booth.

Eh, I’m not going to edit pictures because this place can’t render them properly.

How long, in terms of time, is the wait?

Same here. Early voting opens on Friday. Not sure what day we will go but we will do the early voting when it opens.

When I early voted, they let me take 2 stickers, so I can wear one on Election day.

It was 2.5 hours at a polling location in a conservative area. Not suppression, but enthusiasm, is my guess for the lines.

The nice thing about election stickers is that by not wearing one I can make people think I haven’t voted and invite harassment.

Shared with CloudApp

How well was it set up?

Last time I early voted, in 2008, it took 4 hours. They had it downtown, which sucked, as I had to pay for parking, and then the line wrapped all the way around the building and up the stairs to the 3rd floor where the BOE was.

There were only 4 windows for processing.

This year they moved it to a more central location (I didn’t even know that till last week when I looked it up, was pleasantly surprised, was expecting to have to go downtown again.) it was much easier to get to, plenty of free parking, and maybe 10 minutes in line. They made a ton of improvements since 2008.

So, was your early voting actually set up to deal with the volume?

Good luck today, Tejas Dopers.

For the few San Antonio residents here, I went to the Cody Library location.

I don’t think it was really set up for a crush, but I purposely went to a popular voting spot so I could see what the enthusiasm levels were. I expected a 2 hour line, and that’s about what I got.

You get to pick?

Lucky you. For early voting, there is exactly one place per county.

For election day voting, we are assigned a voting location.

I, too, have one place where I can vote early, and one (different) place where I can vote on election day. But the lines have never been bad at either. And this year I voted “by mail”, which means I requested a ballot be mailed to me, I waited for it to arrive, and after it did I filled it out and dropped it into the box at town hall. (Also only one place, but easy to get to and no line at all.)

Paper ballots in the 'burbs are nice.

I just got to my polling place. Usually the people in line number in the single digits. Today there are about 100 people in line.

Just finished voting. The line did move slow, with the disinfecting of the voting machines after each voter slowing things down some. None the less, my estimate is that close to 1,000 people voted today at my polling location. The other places around Corpus Christi are reported to have had similarly large turnouts. I hope this bodes well for Biden.

My daughter asked how long I waited to vote and I responded ‘Two and a half hours by one metric, 3.9 years by another.’

It took her a second to get it.

The sticker came with the mail ballot.