HBO - True Blood

I haven’t had time to catch the first two episodes yet. I didn’t see a thread started so far - is anyone watching? Should I make it a point of catching up before this week’s new episode or wait till I have overdosed on college football?

I watched the first episode last week, and I have to say it didn’t really grab me. I watched a few minutes of the second, then said “meh,” and switched to something else. I liked the satirical aspects with the vampire spokespeople on talk shows and the TruBlood commercials, etc., but the story with Sookie doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t like her, I don’t like her uppity black girlfriend, I don’t like her lovesick boss, I don’t even like her grandmother.

It’s no Deadwood or The Wire. Hell, it’s not even as good as Carnivale, IMHO. At least the acting in Carnivale was top notch.

I would catch up if I were you- but should be easy since I think they are having all three episodes back to back tomorrow night.

There is another thread- was active last week but I can’t get the search to work properly tonight.

I haven’t seen it, but I would have to watch it if only for one reason. I actually sent them a bunch of props for one of the scenes. I work for the Louisiana Lottery, I had to ship them a bunch of our in-store products for them to put in some of their scenes that were shot in a gas station. So, if you see any lottery stuff in a gas station scene, that was me. You’re welcome. :wink: :cool:

Note: I would watch it if I had HBO. Our cable package doesn’t include the movie channels. I didn’t really explain that before. :smack:

I watched all three episodes and I’m hooked. The characters are interesting, the opening music is great and I trust HBO to deliver on the story after The Wire.

Advice: watch for now, we’ll see how things go.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=481413