He Hate Me FF keeper league - Year 10

Up and to the right of the standings on the league page is the word “Season:” and a drop down menu for the league’s history. Go to 2011, and check the draft. Gaffney wasn’t drafted, so he’s not eligible to be kept.

Would love to. Doesn’t look like I ever received the invite and the league ID isn’t posted.

I have to bow out of the league, sorry.

I’d like to switch the commish to anybody else within the next 12 hours, but can only give it to someone with viewable email. Whoever sets their email viewable will get commish from me, then they can give it to whomever you guys want to be the new commish. I just need this done quickly, so anyone works for my needs.

Omni, the “invite friends” page shows you as having 1 invite sent. I now have to dig up your sdmb email and manually enter it to send you another one.

It’s super annoying that everyone hides their email.

I have peeled away my sweat stained trench coat and revealed myself. Give yourself to me.

Yeah, that’s what I meant by it being a PITA…wish they had ‘drafted in X round last season’ column on the ‘choose your keepers’ screen.

Isn’t it kinda retarded to not be able to keep players that weren’t drafted? Surely they should be keepable in the 15th or 14th round, like every other keeper draft I’ve ever been in?

Man, that sucks. Ellis, we’ll miss you.

I already have an PM request by someone who wants Ellis’ spot. I don’t really want to go back through three years of league SDMB threads, so I propose this: anyone who wants in, post to the thread. Once Jules gets the commissionership from Ellis, we’ll have a vote on who the new member will be.

Everyone cool with that?

“Retarded”? :dubious:

The reasoning is that this is a keeper league where we try not to rely on pure dumb luck or being the first to have access to the internet on Sundays - our keepers need to be planned for at the draft, just like NFL teams.

I’d be interested to join the league.

Three people revealed their email, thx much I appreciate it. I set the transition commish to VarlosZ, who I’m guessing doesn’t want it for this league too (he commishes the dynasty league) so you guys should have the power to figure out who he passes the baton to.

Sorry for backing out at the last minute, and have a great season!

Wow - we will miss you, Ellis. I kno you did a ton of work as cmish to kee this league running, so let me just say thank you for that and I hope circumstances allow you to rejoin next year.

Might be a default setting change by Yahoo. I only use that account for the single Yahoo league (this one) and I;m pretty sure I had my email public last year. I didn;t notice that the setting was flipped when I registered this year, I guess.

Yeah - really sorry to see you go, Ellis Dee. Hope everything’s alright out in the real world. You’ve put a ton of time and effort into this league, and it probably would have fallen apart without you.

Interim commissioner **VarlosZ **here. We have three orders of business:

1. Offering a fond farewell and a hearty thanks to Ellis Dee for his many years of excellent work as commish. Seriously, he did an awesome job. As I recall, the post was sort of floating from person to person until it happened to land on Ellis, at which point it became immediately apparent that he was our guy.

2. Filling Ellis’ spot. **RetroVertigo **sent a mass PM asking to be put on the list. Personally I’d be fine with just giving it to him on a first-come-first-served basis (that, and he does fine work in the other leagues he’s in), but if others want we could wait for additional applicants and vote on them. As an aside, I take it as a given that the new owner will get to pick from the Fanboys’ potential keepers (basically just Victor Cruz with a 13th Rounder) – if anyone disagree you should speak up.

3. Picking a new commissioner. If no one is remotely interested in the job I’d be fine with taking over permanently, but, as **Ellis **guessed, all things being equal I’d prefer to hand it off to someone else. Any nominations?

I think Jules was volunteering in post #44. I have no problem with him as commish. Also have no problem with giving the spot to Retro. He’s a quality and active player.

I was only offering to take the commissioner job (in a more subtle way than I remember/intended) as a place holder. I won’t actually have the time to properly manage the league this year.

First come, first served is fine by me, and we know RetroVertigo is a trusted player from the other leagues. I’d vote to let him in.

Thanks Ellis Dee, for all the work you put in over the years for the league, and for the invite way back when.

Oh. Damn. I would love to do the job but there’s no way I can with school. I’m already pushing things by playing in three SDMB leagues.

I concur on all points.

I was commissioner before, but I don’t have the level of expertise that Ellis brought to the position. I don’t even have my own records from last year.

I didn’t see the posts until just now, and I did not realize that my email was blocked- I certainly didn’t hide it. I’m handicapped for this year- no access to NFL Network.

What specifically was Ellis doing last year that differs from the typical commish job? I know that in years past, he was individually locking players, keeping track of waiver orders, etc. - but I also know that at least a few of those duties were automated by Yahoo stepping their game up. Ellis - if you’re still around, can you offer some guidance?

I’d be willing to fill in if no one else cares to do so - but I cannot promise the same level of attention. If someone else wants a shot, please feel free to step in. I was commish many many years ago, and I think I’ve finally come down from the power high. Multiple 4th place finishes have given me the humility necessary for the task…

Yeah, most of the old commish duties have been automated. About all that remains is to keep track of which players are in their 2nd year of being kept, and perhaps to make sure that upcoming declared keepers never hit the waiver wire last year. Beyond that (unless I’m forgetting something), it’s just the usual commissioner duties of adjudicating minor disputes, setting draft dates and deadlines, etc.