Heads-up for Simpsons Fans

that would be something.

Twenty dollars will buy many peanuts.

Or, you could try an all-syrup Squishee!

They’re hoping lots of people don’t see the email fast enough to claim their orders, and they can cancel a whole bunch.

I just renewed the order and got an e-mail shortly thereafter saying as much.

So everyone else be sure and check your mail because it might be there for confirmation

:eek:Explain how!

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Woohoo!

Just reserved a copy at my local B&N for $24.99 15 minute drive and it’s mine, all mine !

Mine was delivered yesterday. Today I gave it to my husband as an anniversary gift (our 32nd). Thanks so much for the heads-up, Eutychus! You’ve made a couple of old Okies very happy.

Such a thing has never been done.

Not only that, but they’re still selling it. The website even still says it “usually ships within 24 hours”!

Mine has already shipped and actually looks like it will be delivered today. Then again the Reno facility where it is coming from is only two hours away.

they are probably getting the copies retrieved from all their stores and on to locations that can fill the mail order. so maybe when the shippable inventory disappeared they sent out delay notices. now that return shipments have come from stores they then have shippable inventory again.

FYI, I called today and was told that despite the 30-day extension I authorized, their computer cancelled my order since it was delayed shipping three times. I wasn’t informed of this, of course - no email or anything. As far as I knew, if it came back in stock within those 30 days I’d get a shipping confirmation. The customer service rep said that it’s an unfortunate glitch in their system: no notification goes out to the customer if the order is auto-cancelled. And the B&N website still shows my order as active, too! Lies!

It’s back in stock now, apparently, so if any of you still haven’t gotten your book, call B&N with your order number and have them reorder it, because you probably won’t ever see it otherwise.

Thank you for this post!

I ordered this for my 12 yr old nephew and had it sent right before my hip replacement on July 10. He got it just in time for their Road Trip vacation, and now I have Coolest Aunt EVAR status in their house. Thanks for the great tip!