Healthy Tissue Negatively Charged?

I was just googling looking for some info for a project I am researching when I came across this Parasite Zapper .

In short it suggests that unhealthy tissue is positively charged and healthy tissue is negatively charged and that we can cure disease by injecting negative ions into our bodies.

Sounds like psuedoscience to me. Can anyone enlighten me as to the accuracy of this claim?

As a rule, almost anything claiming to use “negative ions” is complete and utter BS. There is no science going on here, just some guy who is either a) a whacko who thinks a 9 V battery can cure all ailments, or b) a genius who knows that other people will think a 9V battery can cure all ailments and decided to make a few bucks off of it.

I’m also hesitant of the device, because it apparantly either operates at either 20 kHz

15 Hz

Or operates in the range of 10 - 50 kHz

Though that last quote is just describing “zappers” in general, not necessarily the Terminator 2…Judgement Day. :wink:

Another big clue that this is just pseudosciecne quackery is this phrase:

Anything claiming to raise conciousness or your awarness is clearly just garbage.

I agree with bouv’s analysis of this device’s probably efficacy. However, I’d like to point out that charge does play an important part in animal physiology–a lot of cell growth tends to be directed towards one pole of an electromagnetic spectrum (and I forget which one…) The lens of the eye emits an EM field that keeps cells from growing over it; research is being done on EM-directed neural regrowth (I worked in a lab that was doing this), etc.

Yeah the above quote got me too, firstly like you say, the very high frequency, secondly, doesn’t he claim that this is a DC device? DC does not have frequency, by definition, it flows in one direction and is constant, well apart from a small ripple current, but that’s irrelevant here. Just because it is a square wave does not make it direct current.

Thanks for the input, just wanted confirmation of the complete bollocks in this advert.

Cheers

Tissue that has to react quickly (nerve and muscle) uses positive/negative reversal across the cell membrane to activate the cell. The membrane switches polarity by transporting ions into the cell, an active (energy consuming) process. At any given point in the cell’s activity, the surface must be negative or positive relative to its environment.

In fact, all living cells use active transport to maintain optimum polarity. Flooding them with negatively-charged ions would be at best useless, and at worst highly toxic.

If, for example, positively-charged sodium or potassium ions were eliminated or inactivated in some way, the unhappy victim would experience seizures and death in a matter of minutes.

I suspect the process these quacks are peddling is ineffective. Even if the FDA were thwarted in regulating it, stacks of corpses in the treatment room would probably deter potential victims from proceeding.

• Just about anything you see advertised with “ion” in the description is BS.

• The unhealthy=positive, healthy=negative is just bizarre.

• Even if that were true, it doesn’t follow that injecting negative ions into unhealthy tissue would fix anything. Unhealthy tissue is also reddish in color - would it help to put makeup on it to look like the rest?

• Hulda Clark is a notorious quack. See Quackwatch’s The Bizarre Claims of Hulda Clark.

This thing speaks for itself.

Not just an orgone generator – it also has crystals! And copper! It seems like this is either the product of someone who piled almost every known type of pseudoscientific medical technology into a single box thinking it would work, or someone who did the same purely as a joke. Much of it – to me, anyway – seems to be so outlandish that the designer must be aware that it’s pure quackery. Even the diseases it claims to cure – fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome – are considered by some medical professionals to be non-existent.

Extensive *anecdotal *evidence. “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I implore you to ignore the DNA evidence and the clear, obviously undoctored video of my client killing the victim. Extensive hearsay and circumstantial evidence proves that he is innocent!”

Also, ‘expensive’ vitamins, minerals, and other supplements (including, presumably, homeopathic remedies) seem to benefit ‘parasites’ rather than people; but with Terminator, you can kill off all the parasites and start to benefit from the supplements yourself, rather than your ‘non-paying passengers’.

Look for the few statements that seem to clearly indicate that the product doesn’t work at all. For example, you can continue to take antibiotics while using the product, and you should see a physician if you have a serious medical condition (in the disclaimer). This means that the manufacturers are aware that the product does nothing, and want to escape liability in case anyone stops using a legitimate medical treatment.

Thanks, I don’t think I read far enough to get to that part, like you say, it’s a bit of a givaway really.

Actually, that’s kind of exactly it. Variable DC. The 555’s main use is to generate a fixed-frequency pulse train from 0 to, say, 5 volts. The current is only flowing in the one direction and the signal never goes negative. Most people consider that DC, not AC–which actually has the current change direction.

555 timers are cool.

I don’t think a 0 to 5 V pulse train would normally be considered DC. It’s AC with a DC offset.

What a cheap piece of crap. It ought to have the word quantum somewhere in the description to make it any good.
:smiley:

Testy

And is that also the output of switching power supplies, CurtC? You got chocolate on my peanut butter. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’d say so. Any power supply has ripple. The ripple part is AC, riding on the rather larger DC offset.

Nah, to be really good, it has to have lasers.