Hello Baby, Goodbye Mom...

Hey, remember when my daughter turned one, and we had the “Three Babies, One Cake And A Whole Lot Of Plastic Sheeting” party? Well, one of the moms was Aria…she’s the one on the left.

Piano teacher/stay-at-home-mom. The plan went that when Shayla turned three, she’d start taking piano lessons from her. And the day those pictures were taken, Aria told us that she was pregnant again.

Yesterday, her son Max came into the world. Which leads me to a question:

How in the fuck does someone, in this day and age, die in childbirth? It’s not like we’re talking about someone who went into unexpected labor and gave birth in a fucking bathroom somewhere. How can a routine birth in a hospital…completely surrounded by doctors and modern medical equipment…end with a girl in her early 20’s going to the fucking morgue?

Now we’ve got a 23-year-old guy who is a fucking widower with a 20-month-old toddler and a newborn. He’s been working three jobs in order for his wife to be able to stay at home and raise their daughter. That doesn’t leave a whole lot of time to have a stong hand in the day-to-day running of the household…how the hell is he supposed to get by now?

Fuck…not the kind of news I needed to wake up to today.

Welcome to the world, Max.
Goodbye Aria…you’ll be missed. :frowning:

God, that’s horrible.

I have nothing that seems sufficient or wouldn’t sound trite and contrived.

This kind of thing does still happen, for various reasons. But it shouldn’t have had to happen to Max’s mum.

So sorry, Hal. Condolences to Aria’s family and yours. :frowning:

It does still happen, and the belief that it shouldn’t in this day and age is the reason why obstetricians have some of the highest malpractice insurance rates.

I’m so so sorry. That poor family.

That is heartbreaking. What a terrible thing. I’m so sorry, my condolences to all of you.

Oh God! I was so hoping that this thread was going to be about something else. What a terrible, terrible thing.

I’m very sorry to hear about this, Hal. My condolences to all of Aria’s family and friends.

I’m so sorry.

How sad …

My thoughts are with her husband & children … :frowning: … thank goodness they have caring friends & family to help them through this horrible time.

Aria’s family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. I send my hopes towards those babies, and pray they find the nurturing they need. My condolences to all who loved her.

I’m so sorry, Hal. My condolences to Aria’s husband, children and family.

What a horrible tragedy. Words can’t begin…

Do they know what happened?

Thanks very much for the kind words, all.

From what I now know, it seems that Aira threw a blood clot during labor. It traveled to her heart, leading to a heart attack. The doctors immediately went in and took the baby. They then tried to recussitate her, but it would seem she was too far gone. She never got a chance to meet her son.

What’s completely haunting me is how many times in recent weeks I’ve thought to myself “Hey, we should really get together with Ryan and Aria…it’s been ages since we’ve seen them…we should really call them up and see if they’re free this weekend…”

And of course, it never happened. Too damn late now.

Hey Hal. Sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine what that is like. For you and your family, but also mostly for her husband. I don’t know what I could possibly do to help, but if there is something, let me know. I’ll gladly do what I can to help with the toddler and baby. We’ll keep the family in our thoughts…

Brendon Small

So it was just one of those things?

Crap.

:frowning:

I’ll say a little prayer tonight.

Hal, I’m so sorry - there’s nothing I can say to help, but you all will be in my thoughts…

Wow, that’s just awful. I feel so sorry for the Aira’s husband. He’s going to have a very tough time of it.

My sympathies to you and your family as well.

Hal, that’s just such dreadful news. I will be thinking of you and yours, and all the families involved. Tonight we’ll light a candle for Aria too.

What a terrible shock to have on what should be a joyful event. I’m so sorry for the family and her friends like you all.

How completely awful. Thinking of Aria’s husband and two babies.