Hello. I am a racist.

Everyone, listen to the man please and have an intelligent discourse on this subject. That is what the SDMB is all about and you can learn something from people that are willing to talk about extreme positions openly even if it is just ammunition against them. He sounds interesting and I believe that everyone is a little racist and people from Kentucky don’t have a monopoly on that by any stretch and some liberals have their own brand of it going in full swing in the Boston area for instance.

To the OP:

Let’s start with the basics.

1. Do you believe in white separatism in general or do you just think it is just the best lifestyle choice for you personally?

2. Do you think that black people are inferior just by being black or is it mainly something that is tied up in circumstances caused by history? That is, do you think black blood is automatically tainted or is it just something about black culture that makes most black people distasteful to you?

3. Do you think anything should be done about this on a societal level? Would you have Jim Crow laws again if you had a choice? Would you have segregation again if you could?

4. Let’s say you are only surgeon available in the ER and two patients showed up at the same time. One is a white high school dropout with a history of drug abuse and a lengthy criminal record plus his is a deadbeat dad with kids that aren’t doing any better. The other is a black person who is saintly by any measure and a positive force in the community. You only have time to save one of them. Who do you choose and why?

I think it’s his write-up for a dating website.

Because the OP (and presumably yourself since you seem to have similar thinking, such as it is) are prejudging people based on the tone of their skin, instead of as individuals. Here’s an example:

You see, you automatically assume that blacks live in a ghetto, and that they have a disgusting life style, which you call the ‘black life’.

Not really, no. It’s like asking the question ‘why does this guy think water is wet? Can we get a cite on that?’.

-XT

I can sure prove to him that pee is wet. Right quickly, too.

Anyone stupid enough to believe that you can judge a person based on the color of their skin isn’t going to have any intelligent discourse to offer.

And so I resort to mockery.

You are neither. Enemies are dangerous, and opponents are worthy.
You are a sad little man, of consequence to no one.

Assuming that “border state” refers to the Civil War, how is that relevant to your life more than 100 years later?

I know how you feel. Seen it all, heard it all; I grew up in a town where half the kids sported a shaved head and combat boots.

Because he rode with Robert E. Lee for three years, thereabouts. Got wounded in four places and he starved at Point Lookout.

How many black ancestors do you have?

What’s trollish about it?

OK, I must share something from my perusal of chimpout.com (I could only take about 3 minutes). A dude is discussing Al Sharpton, and he came up with a funny nickname for him:

And I quote: Al “nigger” Sharpton (typed just like that).

Some creative motherfuckers over there.

If I get bored one dark night I may go back to see if I can spot any black folks trolling them. Or maybe . . .

The entire OP is a troll for exactly the type of reactions (less Walmarticus’s fine contribution) s/he is getting here. It’s pretty much the poster child for a troll thread, since it’s provocative and sure to spark a reaction.

Just because the OP genuinely believes the horseshit s/he is shoveling, or genuinely IS a racist doesn’t detract from the fact that this is a classic trolling thread.

-XT

Well, god forbid someone post something on an internet messageboard because they hope that people will respond to them and talk about it. I mean, my god man, what is the world coming to?

If someone came in here and calmly announced they were a baby rapist and wanted to have a reasoned discussion about raping babies, would that be trolling?

My point is not to ignore such things or what people have to say about them because it exists in real life. Racism or even culturalism has never been completely wiped out any society ever as far I aware. People are extremely good at finding outsiders and will even create or make up defining groups if there aren’t any people of a different skin color around. Eye color, religion, or language, or anything else will do in a pinch. No one is immune to that. Appalachian whites versus blacks are just one tiny example.

I grew up in a tiny town in Louisiana that was roughly half white and half black and I had a black nanny from birth through high school graduation I sometimes say I was raised a black child which is partially true for even more reasons than that. I know a lot about Southern black culture and there is a lot of bad there but also a lot of good and even more that is interesting to me. However, I am a Southern apologist despite going to college at Dartmouth and I am prejudiced towards yankees with a passion but I live in Massachusetts. The group I hate the most is lower class Northeastern Italians yet my daughters are 25% Italian and their mother is half Italian. These days, it has gone full circle because there are a small group of southern blacks at work and I identify with them most closely although I am a manager as white as they come. We make fun of the yankees behind their back. If it were a card game, southern trumps everything else no matter what your skin color. I don’t believe that there is anyone that doesn’t place labels on others and build categories based on their own experiences even as screwy as it can sound.

I don’t have a blog. Waste of time.

I gave you a physical description so that you would have a better mental image of me when discussing things.

As far as “whatever it is I want to talk about”, I thought I made that overwhelmingly clear. Race. Specifically, why I feel the way I do about black people and to field questions from you all as honestly as I can.

No need to be catty.

Ario

It’s not that people will enjoy talking about it, it’s deliberately provocative, and a loaded and highly emotionally charged subject. Q.E.D. it’s a troll thread.

It’s in the Pit, so, personally, I don’t have a problem with that. The Pit is where you CAN troll people and highly charged and emotional subjects, after all. It’s what this forum is for.

-XT

Not all of us suffer the desperate need to pick a random group of people to feel superior to.

Now, most people are aware that I feel superior to the vast majority of conservatives and the sartorially challenged, but that’s neither desperate nor random, that’s just good sense.

I do assume that a ghetto is mostly nonwhite. I don’t think it’s racist for me to feel uncomfortable living in a ghetto. I do assume that black men have exorbitantly high rates of incarceration. I don’t think it’s racist to pity that. Much of black history has been very rough. It’s ok for me to hate the bad stuff and still not hate their skin color.

I challenge the op, who does not hate their skin color, to explain why he’s sure he dislikes black people, who we categories as black based on skin color, and not use their skin color as a reason for why he hates them.