Hello, Thanks, and Where Do I Leave the Goat

Welcome!

twicks, who has neither a gun, nor a motorcycle, nor a feral pig

In Straight Dope, goat sacrifices you!

Welcome!

gun-totin? or is that a 1920’s style death ray?

Welcome, new one.

Is it just me, or are we getting more and more new people these days? Yeesh, you guys ever hear of birth control?

Seeing the other person’s point of view is just fine. You may enjoy endless frustration…er…debate in Great Debates.

Let’s see…things to impart on a newbie…change your underwear frequently, um…let’s see. That’s it. Just change your drawers frequently.

Good to see you’re going Stephen Colbert’s work. Ahem. Lemme channel the good man Colbert here…

You get it. Those godless killing machines have been roaming for way too long. If you help eradicate the bears, we may just make you an honorary Minuteman so you can keep our country safe from the other bear: immigrants. (nevermind the part where you said you were shooting wild pigs. just play along.)

But, I like the bears. And the illegal immigrants. I guess that means I’m not a very good redneck. Darn.

Welcome, Tully Mars! Would you care for a margarita?

Another one of the board rules is that you must not step on the cats/kittens that run around here. If you post threads concerning cats, pictures must be included.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!

Now, where’s that squid?

Actually, if can finish some chores soon, I’m considering a trip to the store for some stuff to put on the grill (steaks, tomatoes, corn). I had my taste buds set for some barbeque goat, but …

Once I get the fire going, I’ll make a blender full of margaritas and sit in the shade and watch stuff grill. It should be ready to eat around 7:00. Ya’ll come on over.

DAMN YOU dogbutler!!

I was gonna do that.

<sulks>

Anyhoo, welcome Tully Mars!
Do you have a big ugly hat?
I thought State law required all Texans to own a big ugly hat.

Welcome, Tully.

According to what I’ve read, here on the Dope, them feral pigs is good eating. :wink: Perhaps we can waive the squid, if you’ll send some feral pork for taste testing…

Hm. Maybe you need to freshen up your redneck-icity.

Seriously, though, that’s cool. That just means that you’re a threat to America. Yes, you. Mr. Bear Lover.

Are things bigger in Texas?

Of course. I have a couple. They’re one of the more versatile wardobe accessories you could own. They shed rain and provide shade. You can smack a cow in the face with them to keep them from running over you.

Although, I have to admit that due to city influence or old fart’s disease, I’ve taking a liking to roll-up hats because you can stick them in your back pocket or under the seat of the truck or in the duffle bag.

Here in the city, I often see men with pressed, creased jeans wearing their big, ugly hats indoors. I’m tempted to ask, “Didn’t your momma teach you any manners?”

OK, so we need two goats! Barbeque is the greatest thing Americans have ever come up with, in my stomach’s opinion.

Mind you, right now it’s lunchtime here in Spain, so that may have something to do with my sudden disregard of the Nasa engineer who invented Velcro…

Texas is bigger in Texas. I vacationed several times in the Rockies, and when you start driving from DFW up Hwy 287, you soon realize it’s a full day’s drive just to get to Raton.

On of the places on my list of places of go is Big Bend National Park. But every time I look and the map, I realize it’s a good 12 hour drive just to get there.

Those distances and the accompanying geographical diversity contribute quite a bit to Texan’s attitudes about the state.

Of course, I realize from long-time lurking that piling on Texas is a popular pastime on SDMB.

Welcome TullyMars.

I will not pile-on Texas. I’ve heard it’s very nice there. I work with a lovely woman from Texas. She has no guns, however, and I do - just a little girly one.
I do not have a big ole’ cowboy hat, though.