Help, I want more hair!

As you guys may have surmised, I am not talking about head hair. I want my back to be completely carpeted with hair. I want to look like I am wearing a sweater even when I take my shirt off. I have heard that a steady diet chock full with androstenedione can actually produce my desired results. I was wondering if any dopers out there may know what I should ask my doctor for in order to get this? Is back hair completely genetics? I figure genes have something to say in it, but mostly deal with the amount of testosterone that your body produces rather than an actual gene for back hair.

Thanks!
HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

Ewwwwwwwww…

FWIW, I trim the half-dozen or so back hairs I have as I find them aesthetically unpleasing. However, a total fur coat would if nothing else at least be unique.

You may be able to have hair transplants from your head if you are really desperate for back hair.

I suspect barring surgery or dangerous hormone dosages you’ll have to settle for a hair shirt, but I’m not a hair enhancement doctor, nor do I play one on the SDMB.

Hmmmm.if you want hair on your hands,masterbate,but for your back,that would involved the other side,oh,you already do that! :wink:

Build an elaborate transportation machine and when you test it, let a fly get in the machine.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Ever see the Jeff Goldblum remake of The Fly?

Yer pal,
Satan

I’m sorry, I know this doesn’t actually address the OP, but for God’s sake WHY???

Artificially manipulating your natural levels of androgens is not a good idea; they’re regulated by all kinds of feedback mechanisms. The Endocrine Society’s newsletter on the subject of using androstenedione contained the phrase “turn your grapes to raisins”, something to keep in mind. AFAIK, you can buy andro over the counter as a ‘nutrition supplement’ like Mark McGuire did. You’re better off trying hair plugs.

I don’t know why, but when I do some exercises for a long period time, I notice that I get some more hairs on my body. Try exercising and see if that’ll make them grow.

Many years ago, a friend of mine, who was a bushy headed guy, was put on whatever they called Rogaine before it was a baldness treatment (it was originally developed as a high blood pressure medication). For him it was part of the chemotherapy for a kidney ailment. Anyway, he became a very hairy guy.

I just wanted this back to the top to see if I could get some more advice before going to the Dr’s. I thought the Rogaine thing only worked on a specific part of your head (ie the back, crown, sorry I am not sure what to call that).

To answer Salieri2’s question: I think backhair is highly attractive and erotic. I know my opinions are not the norm, but I want it, dammit. :slight_smile:

HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

You can have my pubic hair. I wasn’t using it anyway.

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

Back to the top with you. I would love your pubic hair NTG. I could use it to crochet a hat. :slight_smile:

HUGS!
Sqrl

Does anyone know if Rogaine works on the body or just the head? www.rogaine.org does not give any specifics. The only side effects that they listed were itchy scalp.

<center><font size="+1">NOT A VALID MEDICAL OPINION</font></center>

AFAIK, Rogaine is a topical remedy that should have an effect anywhere it is applied, so long as there are living hair follicles at the site of application.

–Baloo

It’s more important to understand than it is to agree.
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

My grandfather always told me that eating potatos puts hair on your chest, so maybe if you shoved potatos up your ass the hair would grow on your back. I could be very wrong though.

I already tried the potato thing. Why do you think they end up brown at the grocery store?

:Þ~~~~
Sqrl

SqrlCub said: “I would love your pubic hair NTG. I could use it to crochet a hat.”

I’m still cleaning the coffee off of my key board…Great responce SqrlCub!

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!