Help ID a song

So I was looking at some sad pictures and a song I have been wanting to know for so long came back to mind.

Unfortunately all I can recall is the tune in the intro. I can’t remember the lyrics because the voice (female) in the song was very soft. The song sounded like a chant and brought an atmosphere of gloominess that is somewhat divine when I first heard it. I think it goes like this:

(sort of humming/chanting) den-den-den-denenenenen/denenenenen/denenenenen/ den-den-den-denenenenen/denenenenen-on the inside–

I think there’s the phrase ‘on the inside’ in the end of the intro. I’ve heard this song during a silent moment in a retreat. I may have heard it in a video showing some emotional pictures.

Sorry if the description is very vague. I could record myself humming the intro but I don’t want to embarrass myself. :smack: Hope you guys could help! :slight_smile:

Shot in the dark, but is this it? :

Nope. that’s not it.

Here is a short clip I made.

http://picosong.com/qxYF/

Sorry for the quality. Thanks.

Sounds a little like Danke Schoen to my ears.

Did you hear an altered cover version of the song I wonder?

Wayne Newton Version

Not this also. Thanks!

I really don’t have a guess, but was it this type of song? (Kind of a new agey easy listening.) That might help narrow it down.

The intro has lyrics and is not actually just a humming or a chant but its sounds like one. The clip I’ve added is just me trying to make the tune in the intro.

Curses, now you have me listening to I Can’t See New York (Tori Amos – no link, not your song, more chilling than sad).

Your clip sounds like Only Time by Enya to me.

Sorry, I don’t know how to post links…:confused:

That’s it! Thank you! :slight_smile:

It is not ‘–on the inside’ but ‘–only time’.:smack:

Wonderful song.

Only Time By Enya

Cheers!

The song is pretty but it brings back memories. At some point may years ago NBC used it to advertise one of its sitcoms, I want to say it was the Friends finale but that may not be it, an it song was everywhere for a few weeks. It was so maudlin and serious for a comedy show it was really really annoying. I haven’t thought of that in years but hearing it brought it all back.

“Only Time” had been out only a few weeks before 9/11. I had a sense that it would become the anthem, for lack of a better term, of 9/11, the way “What a Wonderful World” was the anthem for the first Gulf War. And indeed it did.