Help Me Get Over My Monty Python Obsession

It started last night when I watched ‘Holy Grail’ again. Now I can’t seem to get it out of my system.

“She’s got huuuuuuuuuuuuge tracts of land”
“Can’t you tell by my outrageous accent…you son of a silly person”
“Who’re the Britons?”

Now I’m going around, acting out whole scenes by myself. Anybody in here gone through that or am I just a weirdo?

(Hmmm, maybe this should go into GQ or IMHO, I dunno…)

Why on Earth would you want to get rid of a Monty Python obsession? The parrot sketch, the cheese shop, Eric the Half-a-Bee; the list is endless. And all good family fun!

Er, well, except for the marriage counselor who sleeps with his clients. And the “Every Sperm is Sacred” song. And…well…most of it really.
Um…I’ll just go and sit over here, shall I?

Monty Python? what is this strange snake of which you speak? We’ve never heard of Monty Python in these parts…

Besides, we spend all our time in the Castle Anthrax.

Here’s the method I use:

Realize that Monty Python isn’t really all that funny.

It has worked well for me my entire life. Much to my wife’s chagrin.

Be GOOOOOOOONE
There.
That outta do it.

Get over it. Yes, Python’s funny, but not after the 50th time you hear it. Then it’s just tiresome. Except the Parrot sketch, which will never fail to make me laugh * when done by John Cleese and Michael Palin*. That’s the key you see- they were/are naturally funny people. Most of us are not, especially those who recite comedy routines ad nausiam. Sorry if i seem harsh, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Fran

Just think serious thoughts. Concentrate…concentrate…focus…there you go – all gone.

Bum [sub]oh what a giveway![/sub]

All you need is to get busy with something else to take your mind off your obsession. I’ve always found a new pet to be most time consuming so I’ll be sending you over a cute little fluffy bunny real soon.

You’re welcome.

<bang>

“Poor Flopsy’s dead, and never even called me Mother…”

[sub]Nngggg…must…stop…now…[/sub]

It’s a killer rabbit!!

I think the best idea would be to go outside and practice your silly walks. That always takes my mind off of things.

Why would you want to do that, you silly bunt?

Ni! Ni! Peng! Neeeeeeeeeee…Wom!

Try sitting through Yellowbeard. That oughta cure you.

I say open yourself to all things Python. There’s nothing like a little British humour to make people scratch their heads. You should see the looks I get when I play the Fish Slapping Dance for someone. I’ve been thinking of opening a Confuse-A-Cat franchise…

M__ P__ is the basis of western culture. There is no escape.

My son is 3, & watches the Teletubbies. The 1st time I saw them do their “Run Away!” rip-off, I fractured myself.

& I’ll “Me,too” Lindy Hopper’s mention of the parrot sketch & cheese shop as faves, EVEN after 50 times.