Help me get rid of this earworm!

I can’t get the song pout of my head.
It’s been 5 days now.
Bon Jovi’s “It’s My Life”.

Arrrgh.

:smack::frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf4__-xWq8w

You’re welcome.

Somebody on the SDMB linked to this song several years ago, and I fell in love with it. Catchy as all get out. Cinnamon Girl by Dunkelbunt.

I’ve heard that singing a song out loud will get rid of it as an earworm.

because she’s touring again.

listen to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves. along with the tune you might have a visual memory of her on the tv shows, that will kill anything in your head.

Boozigirl claims that humming the Jeopardy song will clear any earworm.

The only way to get rid of an earworm is to replace it with another.

Mahna mahna.

Ba DOO ba doopee

“It’s a small world after all…”

Yup, Mahna mahna. Works for me.

I’ve had this stuck in my head for a week now.

Alcohol. Lots of it. And don’t stop until you’re vomiting on your shoes.

Second verse, same as the first!*

Our friends from Ark Music Factory have come up with a new number guaranteed to drive any and all music from your head. Enjoy:

Chinese Food.

I have a perpetual earworm of some sort. I personally refer to it as my eternal jukebox which I have no control over. When I have a repeat play that I can’t get rid of, my fix is:

JohnPhilipSousa

The regular 4/4 beat marches its way into your brain, and the major scale catchy-ness makes sure it stays in your head for a minute or two. It can usually get anything out of there long enough for something else to get in.

When that fails, I use The Ramones’ version of California Sun. If that riff being played through that guitar sound can’t get it out of my head, I need to go learn how to play it.

I think my last persistent earworm was Gene Pitney’s “Hello Mary Lou”. So I set up winamp to play every cover I had of the song repeatedly until I was just sick of it. Turns out I have 9 versions. I like Nelson’s, Creedence, and New Riders the most.

What does the fox say?

OK, listen carefully:

(The link goes to a TEN HOUR video of that song. If that doesn’t cure you, all I can recommend is you attack the earworm with a .38!)

Metal.
Nothing will withstand the force of metal.