Help me name a god?

Wow, you guys are great! Thank you so much! I"m going with Gustibus and his antagonist Sucrosus for now. I think they should work great.

Anyone who responded and wants to be gifted an ebook about how goats are the true rulers of the universe can send me a pm with your email. The book won’t be through editing for a month, but once it’s published, I’ll gift you a copy through Kindle.

PS - if you’re a cat lover, you might not appreciate the book as cats are the embodiment of Sucrosus (so Sugarpuss was dead on!)

That was epic.

I agree! I wish I had the talent for parody that I’ve seen Dopers like Sailboat display.

Flavorus Besticus the ancient Roman food God.

Odinner

Winner!

(For me, anyway.)

Benevolent Universal Religion Patron

aka

Burp

Nom wins.

It’s also the French common name for a couple varieties of green peas, so dubbed because you eat both the peas and the pod (i.e. “all” of the veggie) instead of just the peas.

Trouble is, it looks like the God’s first commandment is Man, get out.

“Muffin”

You may all now bow down before me.

Yeah, I thought that was the God of Eatin’ already.

See? There’s already a standard form prayer to Nom.

(The god’s name has been shorted to Gus. Man has interviewed, but didn’t get the job of ruler of the universe…)

This left the Gus in a bind. The cat was out of the bag about the open position. Man clearly felt it was his right. Yet, Man was not equipped to rule without making a mess of things. So, Gus placated Man by telling him that he was the ruler and giving him a title so that he would think that he was the ruler, but actually handing the job over to a more competent creature. And so, man became the Dear Owner of the universe. Gus gave Man bright shiny metal objects and pretty printed paper dollars to distract and amuse him. Then Gus swore all the other creatures to secrecy, lest Dear Owner throw himself to the ground in a fit of kicking and squealing.

I love the Nom prayer, but it the word is really hard to use over and over again… for me, it puts a down beat in the flow of things in my head.

But I think the prayer is great!

Hehehe… I’m going to name the head cat Muffin. (Cats are evil incarnate who play with their food, then walk away without even eating it!)

Awsome! Even better than God.

How’d you know that I am a cat?

(Bolding added.)

The irony here is de gustibus.

… And this god said “Let all things be tastey [sic] and edible, and Lo! All our brains were fried”

And thus all zombies rejoiced as they found their new god!

Yep, or OM NOM!

9 billion and one served.